This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2 Valve to Pressure Balance Conversion

You have made your point about a dozen times now and nobody's buying it. With the proper equipment anybody can inspect the wall cavity before setting anything on fire. By your convoluted logic, soldering anywhere near wood or combustibles is impossible. What you are saying is that YOU don't have the skill or confidence in your ability to do the job which is fine. Walk away or hack a hole in the back but you really have no freeking clue what you are talking about. Would you like fries with that?
    Last edited by NHMaster3015; 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      You have made your point about a dozen times now and nobody's buying it. With the proper equipment anybody can inspect the wall cavity before setting anything on fire. By your convoluted logic, soldering anywhere near wood or combustibles is impossible. What you are saying is that YOU don't have the skill or confidence in your ability to do the job which is fine. Walk away or hack a hole in the back but you really have no freeking clue what you are talking about. Would you like fries with that?
      No with my logic one comes to the conclusion that its not necessary to try and save a patch of drywall or plaster in a closet with the risk of a fire...even if its a small risk. Things are not always as they seem no matter who you are or how long you practice a trade. And other times depending on the methods of 50+ year old construction you cannot solder in the wall.

Trying to solder in tight spaces is an avoidable risk in a profession that has many risks. Smart businessmen minimize risk/liability while maximizing profits. Thats exacltly what I do and do it well and I make no excuses for that.

Your personal attacks are an indication thats its not whats being said that upsets you but rather whos saying it and maybe you feel inferior and you dont usually feel that way.

Comment

So do the guys that install a new valve without cutting sheetrock also install proper backing for the valve? How do you secure it properly? Picts, cause I aint buyin it.

to me not cutting the sheetrock is the hack way to do it and its def a tickin timebomb.

good thread

Comment

Originally posted by GreenPlumb View Post
          So do the guys that install a new valve without cutting sheetrock also install proper backing for the valve? How do you secure it properly? Picts, cause I aint buyin it.

to me not cutting the sheetrock is the hack way to do it and its def a tickin timebomb.

good thread
          Any Hack can destroy surroundings, A skilled surgeon doesn't operate that way !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Any Hack can destroy surroundings, A skilled surgeon doesn't operate that way !
            And any general contractor make a post about their opinion on providing an access panel but that doesn't make him right nor a plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              Sure I have 4 or 5 shop type vacs. They all work great.

You can have whatever opinion you like about my experience but you cant have your own set of facts.....the fact is I'm an expert in plumbing repair and have years of experience with one on one training with countless old timers since I was a child. Those are the facts. Now your welcome to your opinion.

Its not my fault that I'm that good...its my advantage.

Have a wonderful day...its 70 degrees here and sun shinning
              Wow.... now how's that for "tooting your own horn"

Anyway, I've only done these from the front of the wall. Cut out the tile with a 4-1/2" angle grinder. It sucks when the tile is done the old school way with tar paper and chicken wire... Doing it from the back of the wall does make it easier on the plumber but it sucks for the HO having to replace the sheetrock because the plumber wanted to make it easier on himself. Now TM, I'm not doubting that it could be a fire hazard and that was your reason doing it the way you did. But damn, I've never heard someone be so cocky about their "skills"...
              Last edited by mpm; 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM.
              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Seriously TM, I was on your side and was even padding your ego a bit before this thread got out of hand. But now, your cockiness is REALLY bugging the crap out of me.

I don't care if you think you're the best plumber on the planet, I'm not buying it. A plumber who is as good as you claim to be would know that there is more than one way to do a certain job, and I just can't see why you can't admit that there are other ways. Why does it have to be your way or nothing? Why is it so hard for you to admit that things can be done differently and that you're not always right?

There is more than one solution to most plumbing problems and just because you choose to do it one way doesn't mean you can talk down to everyone else for doing it their way.

I can honestly go on and on, but it's simply not worth my time to argue with you. I know for a fact that you will never admit defeat and at this time I feel that it's a waste of my time to keep typing.

Oh, and stop turning every other thread about you, too I'm pretty much to the point where I'm going to just skipping past your posts because most of time it's to attack someone who didn't agree with you in this thread.
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

And any general contractor make a post about their opinion on providing an access panel but that doesn't make him right nor a plumber.
                  This General doesn't kink pipe, Float valves,Wear plaid shirts, Master, MY IRISH ARSE
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Ya, that was a cheap shot. Just because someone is a GC doesn't mean he can't be a good plumber. Don't worry tool, I got your back.
                    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I just read all 15 pages, in all its glory. I feel as if I should get a t-shirt.

This is the last legitamate plumbing forum that will have you TM. You oughta play nice. You're running out of bridges to burn.

ILPlumber (moderator of the idiotzone)

Comment

So TM, glad to see you dragged Greenplumb over from your forum to help with your defense. So that's now two to.........well everyone else on this forum Maybe you can get Rambo and Brian to give you a hand too
                        sigpic

Comment

So TM, glad to see you dragged Greenplumb over from your forum to help with your defense. So that's now two to.........well everyone else on this forum Maybe you can get Rambo and Brian to give you a hand too

im already here willy

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                            Wow.... now how's that for "tooting your own horn"

Anyway, I've only done these from the front of the wall. Cut out the tile with a 4-1/2" angle grinder. It sucks when the tile is done the old school way with tar paper and chicken wire... Doing it from the back of the wall does make it easier on the plumber but it sucks for the HO having to replace the sheetrock because the plumber wanted to make it easier on himself. Now TM, I'm not doubting that it could be a fire hazard and that was your reason doing it the way you did. But damn, I've never heard someone be so cocky about their "skills"...
                            I dont care how other people do their job...its when they tell me I do mine wrong is when the issue comes up. I'm happy with the work and so are my customers.

Only one valve didn't have an access and the homeowner wanted an access their anyway. I fullfilled their wishes.

I'm an expert and I dont mind saying it......if it bothers other people then I really dont care.

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                            Seriously TM, I was on your side and was even padding your ego a bit before this thread got out of hand. But now, your cockiness is REALLY bugging the crap out of me.

I don't care if you think you're the best plumber on the planet, I'm not buying it. A plumber who is as good as you claim to be would know that there is more than one way to do a certain job, and I just can't see why you can't admit that there are other ways. Why does it have to be your way or nothing? Why is it so hard for you to admit that things can be done differently and that you're not always right?

There is more than one solution to most plumbing problems and just because you choose to do it one way doesn't mean you can talk down to everyone else for doing it their way.

I can honestly go on and on, but it's simply not worth my time to argue with you. I know for a fact that you will never admit defeat and at this time I feel that it's a waste of my time to keep typing.

Oh, and stop turning every other thread about you, too I'm pretty much to the point where I'm going to just skipping past your posts because most of time it's to attack someone who didn't agree with you in this thread.
                            Again I never said the way others are doing it is wrong. I know its not as safe but I never said it was wrong. I believe it was the other way around.....others complaining that I cut an access hole.

No ones attacking anyone....but to say cutting an access hole is destroying the surroundings is simply not a true statement. I pointed that out.

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            This General doesn't kink pipe, Float valves,Wear plaid shirts, Master, MY IRISH ARSE
                            Whatever this means.....I dunno. Have another drink?

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                            Ya, that was a cheap shot. Just because someone is a GC doesn't mean he can't be a good plumber. Don't worry tool, I got your back.
                            I took a cheap shot? This guys telling me I destroy my customers homes....wtf gives?

Originally posted by ILPlumber View Post
                            I just read all 15 pages, in all its glory. I feel as if I should get a t-shirt.

This is the last legitamate plumbing forum that will have you TM. You oughta play nice. You're running out of bridges to burn.

ILPlumber (moderator of the idiotzone)
                            And as normal your not talking about plumbing...its about me. Whats your point? That I stand up for what I believe and dnt care if its popular with the regulars that pat each other on the back no matter if they are wrong or right?

Go play in your sandbox.

Sure I called him on the phone....this is such a big deal I might not be able to sleep....WTF man I cant help a guy decides to log on and make a post to my thread that doesn't agree with you.

Who needs help??? personally I dont even know what any of your problems are.....do you??
                            What have I done on this thread thats so terrible?

Cut an access hole and state thats the most safe way to do the job not to cause damage to a wall or possible start a fire in an old old home with questionalble construction and GOD knows what in the walls.

So anyone care to explain what I did thats so terrible???

Comment

It has a slight ding in the pipe....I'm not gonna lie. I went back today to install another one and checked the spot in the pic. The pic does make it look alot worse than it is. The benders didn't cause it tho.....somthing in the truck prolly hit it. I'm not changing it

Whats the last sentence say in the above post. I never said I repaired anything....theres nothing to repair because its not a problem.

Hope that clears that up once and for all.....you cant lie....its all in black and white posted on the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                it's after 11:00 am there, and he's spending more time trying to defend his hackings instead of going out to fix his mess

looks like he has a bigger mess here to fix

rick.
                                Theres no mess to correct rick...Hacks FIX things by the way.....its a ding on a low flow application. Big whoopie
                                Sorry sounds like you have your panties twisted....your even keeping up with what time it is where I am and report it.

Comment

Working...
                                X