Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 Valve to Pressure Balance Conversion

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
    I LOVE to use benders on copper. Less joints = less noise, less friction loss. I don't know that we really save much money though. When bending you need at least type L soft copper which pretty much costs double type M hard. (Here in the metro area of Mn it's OK to use Type M in residential as the water isn't corrosive.)

If I can find a pic of shower valve I put together for my son I'll share it.
    Yeah we can use M also in residential but all the new construction I do its always type L....unless its an addition then it might be pex

I dont know how much money they saved I never saw any of that much less know how much they saved but they eliminated alot of joints. The owner of the company was all about quality......and made millions in the business. He loved medium sized commercial projects.Hotels,apartments,restaurants,schools and traveled up to 500 miles.

Comment

Looks good.....just wondering what this little guy is that I've circled....dirt or "other"?

Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
        Looks good.....just wondering what this little guy is that I've circled....dirt or "other"?

I was looking at that too in the pic.....I even posted a different pic from a different angle back on the 1st page,its a few posts down.. Its a black mark on the pipe with a reflection hitting it. I didn't notice it while installing but I will be going back there tomorrow and I will be looking.....

Also it looks like in this pic above that the left side(cold) is sqeezed but you can see in the second pic I posted of it...its not squeezed. Pics can make stuff look different thats for sure.
        Last edited by TheMaster; 02-09-2011, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Metal lath...my fingers just started bleeding, spontaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            I was looking at that too in the pic.....I even posted a different pic from a different angle back on the 1st page,its a few posts down.. Its a black mark on the pipe with a reflection hitting it. I didn't notice it while installing but I will be going back there tomorrow and I will be looking.....

Also it looks like in this pic above that the left side(cold) is sqeezed but you can see in the second pic I posted of it...its not squeezed. Pics can make stuff look different thats for sure.
            I figured it was just lighting playing tricks of something. Considering how good every other bend looks, I doubted you would have left a kinked/bent pipe in there.

Good job on the install
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I figured it was just lighting playing tricks of something. Considering how good every other bend looks, I doubted you would have left a kinked/bent pipe in there.

Good job on the install
              It has a slight ding in the pipe....I'm not gonna lie. I went back today to install another one and checked the spot in the pic. The pic does make it look alot worse than it is. The benders didn't cause it tho.....somthing in the truck prolly hit it. I'm not changing it

Comment

Here is the 2nd one....You saw the girls bath 1st......now the blue boys bath

Comment

It has a slight ding in the pipe....I'm not gonna lie. I went back today to install another one and checked the spot in the pic. The pic does make it look alot worse than it is. The benders didn't cause it tho.....somthing in the truck prolly hit it. I'm not changing it
                  Well, it certainly doesn't look like anything too serious. A slight ding would be ok in my book.
                  Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Well, it certainly doesn't look like anything too serious. A slight ding would be ok in my book.
                    I'm gonna' go "TheMaster" on TheMaster just for fun.

It was dinged, it was wrong, you knew it, and you installed it anyway.

Hack.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      I'm gonna' go "TheMaster" on TheMaster just for fun.

It was dinged, it was wrong, you knew it, and you installed it anyway.

Hack.

J.C.
                      If you read and comprehend you would have understood that I did not notice it before I installed it or even after until I saw it exaggerated in the pic.

So I didn't know it when I installed it. You can try to imitate TheMaster but you shall never duplicate TheMaster. Let me know when you want those training wheels taken off your van

Comment

If you read and comprehend you would have understood that I did not notice it before I installed it or even after until I saw it exaggerated in the pic.

So I didn't know it when I installed it. You can try to imitate TheMaster but you shall never duplicate TheMaster. Let me know when you want those training wheels taken off your van
                        Everyone believes that you did not notice it.

J.C.

Comment

I can do those reworks without ever opening the walls on the backside.

All the time.

That's how I edge my competition by telling the price shoppers, knowing they'll come back that "Just so you know, many plumbers will tell you that need access to the back wall of your faucet, we are the only plumber in the area that can do them without touching the back wall."

And 30 minutes to an hour later,

They call after talking to other plumbers, getting that response they have to open the walls. That's the difference from being a good plumber and being a professional in this business.

I've got videos on youtube with almost 25,000 views per video showing people the way it happens, and I've made sales by that very design.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

All the time.

That's how I edge my competition by telling the price shoppers, knowing they'll come back that "Just so you know, many plumbers will tell you that need access to the back wall of your faucet, we are the only plumber in the area that can do them without touching the back wall."

They call after talking to other plumbers, getting that response they have to open the walls. That's the difference from being a good plumber and being a professional in this business.

I've got videos on youtube with almost 25,000 views per video showing people the way it happens, and I've made sales by that very design.
                            I've done it many times also Dunbar. Takes me longer than you though.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

All the time.

And you would set the house on fire. They often used tar paper to install against the framing before the wire went up. I have oten pulled old newspapers out of walls and ceilings.
                              I have found animal nests in walls,ceilings and floors.

I'm no idiot and sheetrock and plaster is cheap and not my problem.

Things are done different in different places for reasons. Some just dont understand that.

Comment

Here's some real bending for ya. No dings here.

HansGrohe Thermobalance III. So there are outlets for body sprays, a shower head (Actually two) and a handheld sprayer. I wanted to use as few fittings as possible to improve water flow, and reduce noise.
                                Attached Files
                                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                                X