X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 Valve to Pressure Balance Conversion

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    I did this one today. That makes pink,blue and yellow.
    Same house?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Same house?

Thanks.

J.C.
      Yes all in the same house.

Comment

You need to hurry up. Took you 16 days to change three valves.

J.C.

Comment

You need to hurry up. Took you 16 days to change three valves.

J.C.
          Oh no I had other work to do at that house and had to wait on the painters to finish. I'm doing a 5 bath remodel right now and filling in with service calls.

Comment

Ding dong
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              I didn't tell you about the photo album I bring in to the customers house when they inquire about anything I do or dont do? I answer then ask if they would like to see pics of my work and plumbing problems in general. Works great for selling jobs that the customer may want but not reallly need and just didn't know how it would look. While they look at the pics I take care of the reason I was called.

The masters book of pics is a very very powerful force.

i just read 95 post and only 1 person commented on the lack of strapping. you've got to be kidding me to think a remodel plate will hold the valve and tub spout in the wall properly. what ever happened to drop el 90's and strapping? the valve even has a bracket to make it simple to strap the valve.

in all of your glorious photo books, is there even a photo of a properly strapped and secured valve

my photo book was used at the nashville trade show to sell trenchless pipebursting equipment to all the visitors at his booth.

what's wrong with a 4.5'' wet grinder to cut the wall clean

95 post and 12 days before i wasted my time looking at a basic tub valve done wrong in my book and the code book

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Ouch....looks like someone has some 'splainin to do....
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i just read 95 post and only 1 person commented on the lack of strapping. you've got to be kidding me to think a remodel plate will hold the valve and tub spout in the wall properly. what ever happened to drop el 90's and strapping? the valve even has a bracket to make it simple to strap the valve.

in all of your glorious photo books, is there even a photo of a properly strapped and secured valve

my photo book was used at the nashville trade show to sell trenchless pipebursting equipment to all the visitors at his booth.

95 post and 12 days before i wasted my time looking at a basic tub valve done wrong in my book and the code book

rick.
                  Honestly, another member & I commented on that in a PM but decided it just wasn't worth the time for another 90 posts on it.

Nobody can just say, "strap it better" and everyone move on for some reason.

J.C.

Comment

I believe the lack of security was brought up way back on page 3 or 4 but I imagine that TM took those pictures before he strapped the valve for clarity reasons Right along with adding solder to pre fluxed and soldered elbows which begs the question "why use them if you're gonna solder them anyway"? and why would a guy that has more money than he knows what to do with use a rotary hammer and cold chisels to open up a tile wall when for a couple hundred dollars you can trot on down to the Depot and get the right tool for the job.? I'll bet Rick has a dozen or so of them

For the record, I and my workers have swapped more valves through the front than anyone can even begin to recall and as of yet nobody has caught the house on fire but then again we don't use pex so we all have a lot of experience handling a torch.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Re: 2 Valve to Pressure Balance Conversion

All right!!! Here we go!
                      "Clash of the Titanic Egos" - Godricka vs. Masterbaiter

Comment

It's fun isn't it Jim?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                          The valves are strapped and secure. if i took the pic after a 2x4 was added you wouldn't have been able to see the pipe work.

I used the cleanest method of enlarging the hole besides a hole saw. The wall was 3" thick almost

Have a great day!!!!!

Honestly, another member & I commented on that in a PM but decided it just wasn't worth the time for another 90 posts on it.

Nobody can just say, "strap it better" and everyone move on for some reason.

J.C.
                          Right its not worth the time because they are strapped.

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          I believe the lack of security was brought up way back on page 3 or 4 but I imagine that TM took those pictures before he strapped the valve for clarity reasons Right along with adding solder to pre fluxed and soldered elbows which begs the question "why use them if you're gonna solder them anyway"? and why would a guy that has more money than he knows what to do with use a rotary hammer and cold chisels to open up a tile wall when for a couple hundred dollars you can trot on down to the Depot and get the right tool for the job.? I'll bet Rick has a dozen or so of them

For the record, I and my workers have swapped more valves through the front than anyone can even begin to recall and as of yet nobody has caught the house on fire but then again we don't use pex so we all have a lot of experience handling a torch.
                          Those fittings are not pre-fluxed....WTF. They have solder in them get your story straight before you hate on people. Old pine wood is like gasoline...you wouldn't install them from the front here without a fire...plus tar paper to waterproof the wall. But dreaming is not against the law yet...so be my guest

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                          All right!!! Here we go!
                          "Clash of the Titanic Egos" - Godricka vs. Masterbaiter
                          Titantic egos???? And your name is Big Jim??? Ok wtf ever boss.

Comment

Wadda ya think walls are framed with here....steel

Pre fluxed, pre soldered either way why bother if you're re-soldering them?

I figgered you would say that you strapped them after the photo's

Back peddling back peddling back peddling back peddling
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              Wadda ya think walls are framed with here....steel

Pre fluxed, pre soldered either way why bother if you're re-soldering them?

I figgered you would say that you strapped them after the photo's

Back peddling back peddling back peddling back peddling
                              How is that back peddling? Your . I got those fittings for .05 each. Sure I will use them and they work great.....we have wonderful water here right out of the faucet.

You cant change these valves from the front SAFELY....too possibilities with animal nests over the years or tar paper or termite damage etc.....do your homework. Go ask protect over on the idiotzone about liability in changing valves from the front...he learned the hardway

Comment

Hundreds of them over the years, not a single fire, not even close. You just have to be a real master. Keep at it though, eventually you will get it right.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X