X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2 Valve to Pressure Balance Conversion

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Hundreds of them over the years, not a single fire, not even close. You just have to be a real master. Keep at it though, eventually you will get it right.
    I know a guy who drinks and drives everyday but has yet to have a wreck or a DUI. I suppose he has mastered drunk driving and its safe for him. Or he is stupid and lucky....so which is it

laters

Ever see pipes insulated with newspaper from 1945? Times must have been tough huh?
    Last edited by TheMaster; 02-25-2011, 09:36 AM.

Comment

You are still leaving the skill aspect out of the equation aren't you? If you think real hard perhaps you can come up with the proper procedure for insuring that you do the job safely. Hint: It requires that you purchase a few tools that you probably don't own. Soldering in tight spaces is a learned skill that apparently the Master has not yet mastered
      sigpic

Comment

I hope this floppy dingey valve job doesn't lead to a public stoning in the market place! This is why I never use "MASTER CARPENTER"
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

You are still leaving the skill aspect out of the equation aren't you? If you think real hard perhaps you can come up with the proper procedure for insuring that you do the job safely. Hint: It requires that you purchase a few tools that you probably don't own. Soldering in tight spaces is a learned skill that apparently the Master has not yet mastered
          The only way it can safely be done is with an electric iron and they will not fit. Good try but your not making a good point.

No skill can detect a pile of leaves and straw(animal nest) hidden in a wall thats not opened.....and fire can smolder in a wall for over 24 hrs before it ignites into open flame. You need to talk to a fire marshall.

Goodluck with your work.

Comment

Gimme a minute to get my hip boots on, its starting to pile up in here.

Low tech: flash light and an inspection mirror

High tech: Ridgid or Milwaukee mini snake

Presto-lite torch, small flame
            Flame blanket protector
            Spray bottle of water
            fire extinguisher

See, you learn something new every day. well some people do, you will just continue to argue something that you obviously have an opinion about but no practical knowledge of.
            sigpic

Comment

Gimme a minute to get my hip boots on, its starting to pile up in here.

Low tech: flash light and an inspection mirror

High tech: Ridgid or Milwaukee mini snake

Presto-lite torch, small flame
              Flame blanket protector
              Spray bottle of water
              fire extinguisher

See, you learn something new every day. well some people do, you will just continue to argue something that you obviously have an opinion about but no practical knowledge of.
              I have several prestolite torches with B tanks...thats no big deal. You cant protect against dry leaves and straw or basically 80 year old pine studs...essentially lighter knot. You cant get protection in the places it needs and be 100%. A spray bottle and a fire extinguisher cannot get to the places its needed unless you break the wall out. there is often blocking material in the wall....with leaves piled on top of it.

Practical knowledge??? I have plenty and thats why I'm not stooooopid enough to try to save drywall and possibly set a house on fire.

Again ask Mr. Protech what happened to him.

You guys cant upset me....no way an "internet" plumber can shake me....99% dont know enough and the other 1% or more agree with me....but dont feel the need to tell you.

Have a good one

Comment

whatever you say chief, after all your are the Master So keep on hacking holes in peoples wall that they don't need.

I take it you don't own a vacuum either.?

The problem TM is that if anybody with plumbing experience reads your posts here and elsewhere it becomes rapidly apparent that you don't have nearly as much plumbing experience as you would like us to believe. You are correct that 99% of licensed plumbers don't agree with you and there is a very good reason for that. You are all too quick to dismiss literally thousands of hours of experience from plumbers that have been doing this work a lifetime. We thinks you greatly over exaggerate your skills.
                sigpic

Comment

you posted lots of photos and well over 30 responses, yet you can't take 1 photo of a properly installed and strapped valve

i own an electric solder tongs and they suck. so instead of owning 5 i own 1 that sits on the shelf.

as far as a 4.5'' grinder, no it won't cut 3'' deep, but it will do 1.5'' and cleanly cut the tile and into the mud. and yes at 2 for $70.00 you know i bought at least 12 to go with my other 10 or so. a grinder is probably the most useful tool for cutting. they're also the most abused and least expensive cutter out there.

lastly don't try to pull the wool over our eyes as you can't properly bend back to back vertical to horizontal 90 degree to 45 offset bends without damaging the tubing. the ding is from the paw of the bender and the flat spot is from trying to manhandle the other side in the bender shoe. a spring would have done a better job if you had the strength.

i see you learned your lesson on the blue bathroom by using 90's on the compound bend

still can't see how you get your strapping to secure the valve body and tub spout with the copper offset right in the path of strapping.

educate me as i'm still learning 36 years later

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

whatever you say chief, after all your are the Master So keep on hacking holes in peoples wall that they don't need.

I take it you don't own a vacuum either.?

The problem TM is that if anybody with plumbing experience reads your posts here and elsewhere it becomes rapidly apparent that you don't have nearly as much plumbing experience as you would like us to believe. You are correct that 99% of licensed plumbers don't agree with you and there is a very good reason for that. You are all too quick to dismiss literally thousands of hours of experience from plumbers that have been doing this work a lifetime. We thinks you greatly over exaggerate your skills.
                    Sure I have 4 or 5 shop type vacs. They all work great.

You can have whatever opinion you like about my experience but you cant have your own set of facts.....the fact is I'm an expert in plumbing repair and have years of experience with one on one training with countless old timers since I was a child. Those are the facts. Now your welcome to your opinion.

Its not my fault that I'm that good...its my advantage.

Have a wonderful day...its 70 degrees here and sun shinning

Comment

Hey Rick, I have an extra pair of hip boots if you need them and I suspect you will.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        Sure I have 4 or 5 shop type vacs. They all work great.

Then user them to suck whatever you find in the wall

You can have whatever opinion you like about my experience but you cant have your own set of facts.....the fact is I'm an expert in plumbing repair and have years of experience with one on one training with countless old timers since I was a child. Those are the facts. Now your welcome to your opinion.

Because you say something does not make it a fact and again, judging by your posts, you are the only one that believes it to be.
                        (how many is countless cause I can count pretty high )

Its not my fault that I'm that good...its my advantage.

Have a wonderful day...its 70 degrees here and sun shinning
                        Well we have snow but that's OK cause I have the week off and a couple of sleds that need thrashing out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey Rick, I have an extra pair of hip boots if you need them and I suspect you will.
                          I think you guys should both get into the same set of boots. Yes thats exactly what I mean

Comment

More often than not here there is a 2x4 block that is about 6-8" higher than the old valve. It seals the wall above the valve and thats where the animal nests are after 70-80 years of the house being there. There is no way to remove the block from the front. Its also usually encased in tile mud

Very often the mud from building the tile wall out has encased back of the valve....and theres no way to remove the old valve because the wall is solid packed with mortar. All that mortar has to come out before the valve is removed.

If you try to do that without removing the back of the wall and during the course of the work trying to remove it the old plaster or drywall thats dry rotted cracks.....guess whos on the hook for the wall repair you promised wouldn't happen.

Not to mention the risk of fire

Stick around and I might teach you more......

Comment

if there's ever a time i need them, it's now. he just has a real, real hard time admitting his mistakes. look at when he was called out on his kink and how many post he did for damage control.

of course he's got no legs to stand on when we outright question him. he'll never respond with a correct answer as he knows we're too smart for him.

he wasn't even born when we got into the business

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

it's after 11:00 am there, and he's spending more time trying to defend his hackings instead of going out to fix his mess

looks like he has a bigger mess here to fix

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X