X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2 Valve to Pressure Balance Conversion

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    if there's ever a time i need them, it's now. he just has a real, real hard time admitting his mistakes. look at when he was called out on his kink and how many post he did for damage control.

of course he's got no legs to stand on when we outright question him. he'll never respond with a correct answer as he knows we're too smart for him.

he wasn't even born when we got into the business

rick.
    Again get your facts straight...I readily admitted the pipe had a imperfection after I confirmed it the next day when i went back to the job. Its insignificant based off the flow rates of the valve. Simple as that...review the thread RICK.

Yeah you guys are way too smart and old for me

Comment

Yep, reminds me of a lot of my students. Full of excuses for lack of performance. He's still digging up lame reasons for hacking the wall open even though I and hundreds of other plumbers have been doing front swap outs for years and years.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        Again get your facts straight...I readily admitted the pipe had a imperfection after I confirmed it the next day when i went back to the job. Its insignificant based off the flow rates of the valve. Simple as that...review the thread RICK.

but you also said that you went back and fixed it. (post 18 which you have since edited thinking that nobody would remember what you said)

Back peddling yet again
        sigpic

Comment

how can you even think you didn't notice it when you first installed it you bent the lines and installed the lines and handled the lines and soldered the lines and took photos of the lines.

yet from a tiny photo thousands of miles away we all can see the kink and flat spot that you claim you never noticed and you won't even post a photo of a strapped valve

you can fool your unsuspecting customers, but you can't fool real pros

think it's time for the homeowners forum

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            how can you even think you didn't notice it when you first installed it you bent the lines and installed the lines and handled the lines and soldered the lines and took photos of the lines.

yet from a tiny photo thousands of miles away we all can see the kink and flat spot that you claim you never noticed and you won't even post a photo of a strapped valve

you can fool your unsuspecting customers, but you can't fool real pros

think it's time for the homeowners forum

rick.
            Pictures can make a minor flaw stand out....its not as noticable in person. Sorry if you cant understand that.

Post a photo of the strapped valve? I dont take pics of every single detail...I'm working and take time out to take a couple pics on occasion. Its not that critical to prove anything to the people on an internet forum...I'm over that...especially the haters.

Fool real pros??? Whos trying to fool anyone? Homeowners forum??

I think your pissed you dont have a playground that you try to convinced everyone your the best anymore and I dont bow down to a pic of 5 air compressors. Things dont stay the same..and theres always a guy just as good or better. Put that in your pipe and smoke it......

Comment

It has a slight ding in the pipe....I'm not gonna lie. I went back today to install another one and checked the spot in the pic. The pic does make it look alot worse than it is. The benders didn't cause it tho.....somthing in the truck prolly hit it. I'm not changing it
              READ THAT LAST SENTENCE......

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              but you also said that you went back and fixed it. (post 18 which you have since edited thinking that nobody would remember what you said)

Back peddling yet again
              You so busy trying to break my balls that you dont read.....you remind me of my old school teachers......thinking they are teaching but really I'm the one teaching them....they just dont realize it or refuse to admit it.

Comment

Here is an example of how excess mortar can encase water pipe. This pic is under a lavatory that backed up to a fireplace. leak under the slab on copper pipe, I located the leaking line and and did a pex bypass.

This relates to the shower valve because basically the same can happen with the shower valve depending on the original installer and blocking in the wall around the valve.

So you might end up with a 6" thick tile wall with plaster on the other side. You will crack the plaster if you attempt to remove without opening the wall on the plaster side.

I never promise a person that I can for sure change a valve without opening up a wall. I have seen too many problems with that because of the existing construction. Sure it can be done but not in every circumstance.

Last edited by TheMaster; 02-25-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Did anybody say "in any circumstance"?
                  sigpic

Comment

A competent plumber ,should be able to change out a shower valve ,without destroying the neighborhood. Done plenty My self.
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Titantic egos???? And your name is Big Jim??? Ok wtf ever boss.
                      Rest assured, the adjective attached to my moniker is strictly
                      an anatomical reference and has absolutely nothing to do with
                      my psychological profile. In the immortal words of Popeye the
                      Sailor, "I yam what I yam." You can be eternally grateful that
                      I am, indeed, not your boss.

Comment

Here is an example of how excess mortar can encase water pipe. This pic is under a lavatory that backed up to a fireplace. leak under the slab on copper pipe, I located the leaking line and and did a pex bypass.

This relates to the shower valve because basically the same can happen with the shower valve depending on the original installer and blocking in the wall around the valve.

So you might end up with a 6" thick tile wall with plaster on the other side. You will crack the plaster if you attempt to remove without opening the wall on the plaster side.

I never promise a person that I can for sure change a valve without opening up a wall. I have seen too many problems with that because of the existing construction. Sure it can be done but not in every circumstance.

I would imagine the ONLY reason for the extra mortar in this case was the fireplace that was directly behind that wall.......................
                        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Ahhhhhh now you have indeed........................
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            Did anybody say "in any circumstance"?
                            No and I think that "anybody" includes me. I never said "NO shower valve can be replaced from the front" Infact i specifically mention that it depends on the original construction.

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            A competent plumber ,should be able to change out a shower valve ,without destroying the neighborhood. Done plenty My self.
                            I agree and nothing was destroyed......two of them already had access panels. The owner wanted the 3rd one installed so its accessible in the future,and I did too.

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                            Rest assured, the adjective attached to my moniker is strictly
                            an anatomical reference and has absolutely nothing to do with
                            my psychological profile. In the immortal words of Popeye the
                            Sailor, "I yam what I yam." You can be eternally grateful that
                            I am, indeed, not your boss.
                            BFD....I'm happy for ya.

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                            I would imagine the ONLY reason for the extra mortar in this case was the fireplace that was directly behind that wall.......................
                            Yes I imagine thats the ONLY reason also in this case.....but showers where often done under the same principle...the excess falls into the wall. Its really not that difficult to understand if a guy wants to understand.,

Comment

Yes I imagine thats the ONLY reason also in this case.....but showers where often done under the same principle...the excess falls into the wall. Its really not that difficult to understand if a guy wants to understand.,
                              I just can't see THAT much extra mortar being behind a shower. Some, yes, but enough to make it impossible to remove a valve from the front - no way. Some chipping might be necessary to get the valve out, but I can't ever imagine it to be COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to remove a valve because of excess mortar.
                              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                                I just can't see THAT much extra mortar being behind a shower. Some, yes, but enough to make it impossible to remove a valve from the front - no way. Some chipping might be necessary to get the valve out, but I can't ever imagine it to be COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to remove a valve because of excess mortar.
                                Oh yes I have found plenty of them that are completely packed solid with mortar.If you attempt to remove the excess mortar and its packed solid it will crack the plaster on the other side of the wall. The extra tile mortar bonds itself to the wood lathe strips for the plaster. If they are not packed solid...its because they are lined with tar paper. Fire and tar paper do not mix. The old pine is rock hard and you can smell it when you cut it....its like gasoline when a flame hits it.....and it will burn WET. Straight pine rosin.

These guys who claim to do this and that have things F'd up in their heads and dont work in the real world for real customers and if they do its a matter of time before they have an accident....especially letting their employees solder in confined spaces. I have referenced one plumber on another forum that already set a house on fire from termite damage...his torch went past the damage and it erupted into flame.....I believe the owner called the fire department and they tore the wall out and he had to pay to have it all put back.

I'd like to be the fly on the wall when they cut out a hole ina customers tile shower with the promise the wall on the other side would not be damaged.....and then find a solid packed mortar wall........personally I would not let him cut the other wall to complete the job.....I might just have him replace ALL my tile
                                Last edited by TheMaster; 02-25-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X