Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Valve to Pressure Balance Conversion

Re: 2 Valve to Pressure Balance Conversion

I used 4 copper fittings to complete the install.
    Last edited by TheMaster; 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

That pretty nice...two thumbs up! My goodness...pink bathroom...(puke)...
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

The tile work is..................stunning Lemme guess. The homeowners have lived there since 1930
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          The tile work is..................stunning Lemme guess. The homeowners have lived there since 1930
          Close to it....I'm not sure how old it is. The house was moved to its current location and then a new section was built. They did a great job,you cant see where the old ends and the new begins. Quality contractor did the job.

I dont even pay attention to the tile color anymore...it all looks the same when your phones ringing and you have 3 more calls for the day...and more coming in.

Last edited by TheMaster; 02-08-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            pink was big in the 50's

Comment

I gotta' get some benders.

J.C.

Comment

nice job TM i happen to like pink....

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  I gotta' get some benders.

J.C.
                  I used the benders for fun but they did save alot of fittings today. I really bought the 5/8 o.d. benders for gas lines. The guy I apprenticed under was really big into bending pipe.....I use to bend 3/8 o.d chrome water supplies everyday for about 10 years...now mostly I use pex.

The master I did most of my apprenticeship under use to fabricate alot of hotel room plumbing.....500 rooms and everyone of them the exact same. They use to bend everything.....saved thousands of $$$$$

Comment

If I was turning the copper, I would be bending probably.

I can see you did the multiple drill-holes like most of us. What did you use to "connect" the drill holes & get your one piece out?

Make sense?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      If I was turning the copper, I would be bending probably.

I can see you did the multiple drill-holes like most of us. What did you use to "connect" the drill holes & get your one piece out?

Make sense?

J.C.
                      I started with a 1/4" bit in a dewalt 18v hammer drill to drill around where the stem screws into the valve body and the spout nipple. Then I used this to do the "meat" of the work.

Then I used a dewalt 18v angle grinder with a diamond wheel to touch up and a shop vac to collect the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        I started with a 1/4" bit in a dewalt 18v hammer drill to drill around where the stem screws into the valve body and the spout nipple. Then I used this to do the "meat" of the work.

Then I used a dewalt 18v angle grinder with a diamond wheel to touch up and a shop vac to collect the dust.
                        I think that's my drill!

Can't kill it so far.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          I used the benders for fun but they did save alot of fittings today. I really bought the 5/8 o.d. benders for gas lines. The guy I apprenticed under was really big into bending pipe.....I use to bend 3/8 o.d chrome water supplies everyday for about 10 years...now mostly I use pex.

The master I did most of my apprenticeship under use to fabricate alot of hotel room plumbing.....500 rooms and everyone of them the exact same. They use to bend everything.....saved thousands of $$$$$

I LOVE to use benders on copper. Less joints = less noise, less friction loss. I don't know that we really save much money though. When bending you need at least type L soft copper which pretty much costs double type M hard. (Here in the metro area of Mn it's OK to use Type M in residential as the water isn't corrosive.)

If I can find a pic of shower valve I put together for my son I'll share it.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Nice work.

I bend pipes nicely all the time.

Comment

I got that one at a pawnshop for 200.00 That was 6 years ago. then I went to the Dewalt factory store and they had a clearance sale on metric size drill bits with spline shank...WTF ok great....I want all of them. odd ball sizes that I use for crap like the above where no particular size hole needs to be drilled. I keep one for tile...keeps it sharp. I have one that I use for dryer vents on brick.

Comment

Working...
                              X