Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roughing Waffle slab

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    1.Dig footings and plumbing trenches.
    2.Set forms or back and longest straight side batter boards to establish building line.
    3.Underground waste
    4.Steel
    5.Blah,blah,blah

Articulate pours get canned out or sleeved.
    Maybe this will work better for you Bill?
    I don't know though,I can't figure out what your friend is trying to pour.
    My friend has given me a fun Job

What you are looking at is a pier and beam slab on grade, 45' x 100'. The print is showing one of the tuffer areas (the pic is almost showing a third of the slab)

Adam, if by articulated pour you mean pumped then Yes. Can I just run my PVC through these beams or would I need to sleeve it through each beam...Would I need to get a stamp on my plumbing plan from the architect?

Maybe I'm over thinking this...

LOL I gotta take a break from my ramblings and read... It would have saved me some typing... I see the way now:-)
    Last edited by OkieBill; 02-08-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

You cant go under the grade beams in the foundation or you dont want to go under them? How deep do the plans say the beams are? I like all the footings to be dug befo I install the 1st sticka pipe.....or I start drinking on the job

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

What you are looking at is a pier and beam slab on grade, 45' x 100'. The print is showing one of the tuffer areas (the pic is almost showing a third of the slab)

Adam, if by articulated pour you mean pumped then Yes. Can I just run my PVC through these beams or would I need to sleeve it through each beam...Would I need to get a stamp on my plumbing plan from the architect?

Maybe I'm over thinking this...
        Articulated pour is a term that I chose.Just means complex or multi-stage.
        His term "Pier and Beam" are the two words I didn't want to hear
        "They" city,architect,engineer will provide for you as long as you are communicating your needs and concerns.

Over thinking..Not a chance.Your just covering your bases.
        It's going to turn out awesome,can't wait for your famous photolog
        Adam

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          You cant go under the grade beams in the foundation or you dont want to go under them? How deep do the plans say the beams are? I like all the footings to be dug befo I install the 1st sticka pipe.....or I start drinking on the job
          Can't as I would be coming out from under the house @ 5' below grade then gotta travel out to the septic tank... No way to do this one without going through beams, So I will have to wait for the iron to get placed in the beams then run my plumbing through said beams (PITA to be sure) then have the concrete guy tie in the mat steel and pour everything.

Gonna be a fun one!

Comment

chicken and waffles?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

And now I want a waffle.

J.C.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Can't as I would be coming out from under the house @ 5' below grade then gotta travel out to the septic tank... No way to do this one without going through beams, So I will have to wait for the iron to get placed in the beams then run my plumbing through said beams (PITA to be sure) then have the concrete guy tie in the mat steel and pour everything.

Gonna be a fun one!
              How deep are you going to be coming out from under the house if you go through the beams?

Comment

I would absolutely sleeve any piping running through a footing or beam. (No brainer). I normally use sch 40 the next size larger.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

No way to do this one without going through beams, So I will have to wait for the iron to get placed in the beams then run my plumbing through said beams (PITA to be sure) then have the concrete guy tie in the mat steel and pour everything.
                  Bill
                  In earthquake country, where Adam and I work, grade beams with pipe penetrations need to be thickened on the bottom side to compensate for the void placed in them.
                  I agree that a sleeve, secured to the rebar, is the way to go. I would make it two sizes bigger than the pipe which would give you about 3/4" cushion all around. That way you're somewhat insulated from ham fisted concrete finishers creating dips in your run, and it gives you a little adjustment room when running your lines through the sleeves.
                  Just curious how you anchor your below grade pipes so they don't wander around during installation or trench backfill. I've found that Sioux Chief's Tomahawk DWV ground stakes work as well or better than job fabricated solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                    Bill
                    In earthquake country, where Adam and I work, grade beams with pipe penetrations need to be thickened on the bottom side to compensate for the void placed in them.
                    I agree that a sleeve, secured to the rebar, is the way to go. I would make it two sizes bigger than the pipe which would give you about 3/4" cushion all around. That way you're somewhat insulated from ham fisted concrete finishers creating dips in your run, and it gives you a little adjustment room when running your lines through the sleeves.
                    Just curious how you anchor your below grade pipes so they don't wander around during installation or trench backfill. I've found that Sioux Chief's Tomahawk DWV ground stakes work as well or better than job fabricated solutions.
                    I normally use Rebar as stakes and Bale wire to tie everything down... My issue is that I will need to sleeve and fill the annular space before the concrete is placed (this slab including the beams will be monolithic)I about have it all planned in my head as long as I don't get anymore curveballs

Comment

I normally use Rebar as stakes and Bale wire to tie everything down... My issue is that I will need to sleeve and fill the annular space before the concrete is placed (this slab including the beams will be monolithic)I about have it all planned in my head as long as I don't get anymore curveballs
                      In todays times, with todays people, I would have a third party have a design and approval on how you cross this foundation. Then they have to look at it and give you a written ok on all of it.

You know why.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                      X