Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Roughing Waffle slab

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roughing Waffle slab

    Anybody ever roughed one? Imagine an Eggo waffle but smooth on the top and all of the Eggo squares as the reinforcement down in the ground. Best I can tell I will have to do my rough after the trench rebar is placed but before the top mat is tied in.
    I have one line that will pass through 6 different reinforcements before it comes out from under the house

    4000sqft custom designed home for an engineer and personal friend

    Not my normal cup of tea... Your thoughts?

  • #2
    Re: Roughing Waffle slab

    What are the grid dimensions.
    What is this system called
    How deep are the struts/beams
    I'm sure plans have a name?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Roughing Waffle slab

      Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      What are the grid dimensions. Roughly 13' square grids with alot of one off reinforcements placed in the worst spots...LOL (safe room, interior piers)

      What is this system called: Not really a true waffle system per say Just a heavily reinforced slab with beams running everywhere...

      How deep are the struts/beams: I have 5 different beam profile details that vary in depth from 20" through 36"

      I'm sure plans have a name?
      Plans are hand drawn to customers spec. I will see If I can post a shot...



      ***Damn prints will not photograph at all...lol
      Last edited by OkieBill; 02-08-2011, 09:50 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Roughing Waffle slab

        Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        Plans are hand drawn to customers spec. I will see If I can post a shot...



        ***Damn prints will not photograph at all...lol
        I know,Sometimes an angle????
        Maybe

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Roughing Waffle slab

          Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I know,Sometimes an angle????
          Maybe

          I think I got a few good shots now just waiting on Sprint

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Roughing Waffle slab

            Don't you rough, inspect, cover, compact, then concrete prep?

            Interested. Watching.

            And now I want a waffle.


            J.C.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Roughing Waffle slab

              I like to rough in a slab after the footings have been dug(interior and exterior) but before any rebar is placed. Nothings there but the perimeter forms to measure off. I dont do new construction but have piped a number of custom homes...I dont get into the mass production aspect of the trade.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Roughing Waffle slab

                Here is about a 1/4 of the Slab in question

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Roughing Waffle slab

                  Does that grid represent monolithic footings?

                  If so, seems you would have to go underneath if you can get the fall.

                  J.C.
                  Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 02-08-2011, 11:05 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Roughing Waffle slab

                    1.Dig footings and plumbing trenches.
                    2.Set forms or back and longest straight side batter boards to establish building line.
                    3.Underground waste
                    4.Steel
                    5.Blah,blah,blah


                    Articulate pours get canned out or sleeved.
                    Maybe this will work better for you Bill?
                    I don't know though,I can't figure out what your friend is trying to pour.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Roughing Waffle slab

                      Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      Does that grid represent monolithic footings?

                      If so, seems you would have to go underneath if you can get the fall.

                      J.C.
                      Yes the pour will be monolithic but the depth will be too deep to go under the Beams. I gotta go through the beams...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Roughing Waffle slab

                        Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                        Yes the pour will be monolithic but the depth will be too deep to go under the Beams. I gotta go through the beams...
                        Monolithic..No cans,Duh
                        Out here we can go through footings.Not parallel inside or in/under the 45degree angle of repose.

                        Your fine

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Roughing Waffle slab

                          Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          Yes the pour will be monolithic but the depth will be too deep to go under the Beams. I gotta go through the beams...
                          Then he better get his checkbook ready.

                          You're probably gonna' be crossing beams all over the place. Each time you cross one it has to be prepped or sleeved in "a manner that protects the integrity and design of the beam" and does the same thing for your plumbing.

                          Looks like they should dig the footing, NOT pour it, you plumb it, then they prep and pour it. All the while praying for no rain.

                          Good luck.


                          J.C.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Roughing Waffle slab

                            Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            Monolithic..No cans,Duh
                            Out here we can go through footings.Not parallel inside or in/under the 45degree angle of repose.

                            Your fine
                            Grade beams and pads are a different story.Need an engineer stamp.
                            I'll bet your friend is the engineer as well so your covered.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Roughing Waffle slab

                              Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Then he better get his checkbook ready.

                              You're probably gonna' be crossing beams all over the place. Each time you cross one it has to be prepped or sleeved in "a manner that protects the integrity and design of the beam" and does the same thing for your plumbing.

                              Looks like they should dig the footing, NOT pour it, you plumb it, then they prep and pour it. All the while praying for no rain.

                              Good luck.


                              J.C.
                              Out here it's "Prepped" by wrapping footing penetrations with foam wrap(2 layers)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X