New apprentice hired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New apprentice hired

Well that didn't last long. Another bites the dust. 99% of these punks dont know what work is and I just proved to another one that it takes a man to do this job and make any money at it.

I need a mexican....sombody actually willing to do some work.

Comment

I would like to order a plate of 16 penny nails please.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        Well that didn't last long. Another bites the dust. 99% of these punks dont know what work is and I just proved to another one that it takes a man to do this job and make any money at it.

I need a mexican....sombody actually willing to do some work.
        So he bailed on you ? That sucks...Mexican
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Yeah mexican...Pass...don't feel so bad last month I tried 3 different " buddys" who needed cash and wanted to help...paid them cash and all when I called them all again for help they said well you know I just don't think I'm cut out to do that kind of work...what kind of work? You mean actually work? Freaking janks... I feel that their just not worth it...they just want to be tool passers...its like how to you think I learned it? I got down in there and did it...people suck!!!
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

My newest guy lasted 4 months, yesterday he didn't show and he has always been early never late, he said he found a job with a carpenter.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              He says his wife is giving him trouble about working late. I'm being lied to and I know that,its nothing about working late. He has personal issues...kids having kids.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                He says his wife is giving him trouble about working late. I'm being lied to and I know that,its nothing about working late. He has personal issues...kids having kids.
                Immature is all ..
                I know what you are thinking when it comes to mexi's ..And they are a dime a doz. I had a few working under me when I worked for other people..Trouble is after they learn to run a piece of copper or cpvc they want as much as a journeyman .Then when you don't pay them $25 an hr. they bail also and take what you have taught them to the next co. for more $$$..Sorry I refuse to be a training ground for mexi's..

Comment

Old axioms are all too often true. One that comes to mind....

Good help is hard to find.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

I will replace him quick. I'm spoiled now. Even if I must pay more for a quality person I dont mind. Even if I break even on an employee I dont mind. I'm just tired of making too damn much money

Comment

Hmmm, I'm almost tempted to see if any good small shops need help where I'm at........ I ain't afraid of work and commercial/industrial electrical is a bit slow now........

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

Geno, anotehr good one is " where there is a heartbeat there is going to be a hastle." Nobody argues that good boys are hard to find, unfortunately most of the ones I have found lately are in other trades. It is a pity they dont see we are laying down their life plan. If they are smart enough to stick around for the long haul they will always have food on their tables

Comment

My accountant told me I need some more investments for tax purposes. I need another apprentice. Its hard for an apprentice to survive on 15 an hour and have a place to live to call his own. I'm considering buying a rental house....and including that in an apprentices pay.

These are not complete numbers but just rough estimates.

5.00 more an hr equals 200 a week more and 800 a month assuming a 40 hr work week for 4 weeks a month.

I can buy a house for 80,000 and the payment would be about 600.00 a month with insurance and tax's. So I could provide a house and 15.00 an hour and come out cheaper by 200.00 a month assuming 40 hrs a week will be worked. The extra 200 a month could be saved for repairs.

This way my money is not wasted by paying the apprentice the 5.00 more an hour......at the end of the day the house is still mine. I dont hafta pay payroll tax and workmans comp on the house....like i do on the apprentices paycheck.

Most apprentices cant get a home loan and hafta rent anyway.....same house would rent for 800 or more a month. I will get a tax break on the house...but not on payroll tax.

Thoughts please

Comment

And when he does not work out how are you gonna get him out of the house? Even if you put it in contract it could still take a year or more to move eviction through the courts. I't bad enough when you just own rental property but if you tie it to employment it's probably going to be even worse.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              And when he does not work out how are you gonna get him out of the house? Even if you put it in contract it could still take a year or more to move eviction through the courts. I't bad enough when you just own rental property but if you tie it to employment it's probably going to be even worse.
                              Good point. I have considered that. Here it does not take that long....but it does take up to 3 months. I will hafta consult my lawyer on the details. The law aside......the kid knows better than to try an F me over like that. He has witnessed 1st hand what happens and its not pretty. There are several ways to handle people and depending on the situation I dont mind using any means necessary to get satisfaction.

I will tell a quick story of how I put my neighbor in "check" about 20 years ago. I moved into a brand new apartment complex......and the neighbors below me would complain that we made too much noise.....they would even complain on us while no one was even home in the apartment. Its hard to make too much noise when no ones home. That was the last straw for me.....so i broke out my police scanner and started playing with it. I picked up the fools cordless telephone conversations. He was talking to a co worker about placing false orders to another raw foods supplier in their salesmans name or cancelling orders by calling that company and acting like the salesman. I called the salesman from the other company and told him what his competitor was planning. The competition called my neighbors boss and told him of the plot.......the neighbors boss called the other party into his office and the person admitted that he was plotting that and told how he(my neighbor) had screwed with the competitions orders in the past........he got fired and then moved out of the partment below me. Thats satisfaction for me.
                              Last edited by TheMaster; 03-13-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me .You get the tax break on the property . The help get's a job and a nice place to live..And trust me he might think twice about work performance knowing his job and place to live are on the line everyday..

Comment

Working...
                                X