Fuel prices spiking; thinking of charging fuel surcharge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel prices spiking; thinking of charging fuel surcharge

Our Diesel is quickly approaching $4.00 a gallon. Thats about $90 every fillup. The small business man is taking it in the shorts again! Thank you Tree huggers! Thank you Obama!

Re: Fuel prices spiking; thinking of charging fuel surcharge

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
    Our Diesel is quickly approaching $4.00 a gallon. Thats about $90 every fillup. The small business man is taking it in the shorts again! Thank you Tree huggers! Thank you Obama!
    Isn't it funny when the gas went so high last time the Left said it was Bush helping his cronies. I wonder if they will now accuse Obama of helping his cronies? I watched it pretty close last time and I have a few thoughts.

The last time the price got so high, Bush eliminated the Executive Ban on offshore drilling and the prices dropped like a rock. Not because we were going to be oil independent but because of the treat we could. Now Obama has made it almost impossible for off shore drilling and it has weaken our buying power.

Some of you know my middle son is a helicopter pilot in Louisiana serving the oil industry. There is just no work going on in the Gulf right now so many of the pilots have lost their jobs. My son was sent up to Deadhorse Alaska for a while because of lack of work. Now later this month they are sending him to Argentina for 6-months because there is still nothing going on in the Gulf.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

a few years ago i added a $5.00 surcharge to my invoice.

even the supply houses added this onto deliveries.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Same here. The cost of doing business must be passed on.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
          Oil is rising now because of events and instability in the middle East.

Sure North America has a bunch of oil in the ground. Unfortunately it's not going to be cheap to access. So the price of oil's going up anyway. At least relative to the dollar.

BTW: The extremely low interest rates, easy credit and near nonstop creation of cash for the last decade isn't helping keep the dollar cost of oil down either.

Surcharge is a great idea. I think I'm going to start doing that. Thanks for the idea!
          Last edited by geno gardner; 02-13-2011, 08:36 AM.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

We must keep a watchful eye on what's happening in Egypt, cause they control the Suez canal.
            Gas prices will soar if shipments from the middle east have to go around Africa.

Comment

Fuel can be part of my itemized invoice at anytime and on any job. I charge travel time to the job everytime and if they are out of my regular service area I charge them two way travel time,there and back.

The sale of materials covers ALOT of my cost to do business. Buy low and sell high baby

Comment

3.36 a gal for reg unleaded. I hope the camel jockeys work somthing out soon.

Comment

Seems to me no one notices gas prices when they fly by me on the back roads posted speed limit of 55 doing 75-80 in their Trucks and sports cars. then they ***** when they fill up.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                    3.36 a gal for reg unleaded. I hope the camel jockeys work somthing out soon.
                    3.19 a gallon reg unleaded...can't type on here what should happen....all I can say is do you know what happens when you superheat sand?
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I'm worried about the cost of heating oil Might be running $450-$550 per month just to heat my home during winter! Cord of wood is around $275-$300 now. Gas and heating oil may cost me $1,200 a month if gas goes over $4.00 here means heating oil will be around $4.75 per gallon
                      If it goes even higher
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Crap! it's running about $65 a cord here.

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                        I'm worried about the cost of heating oil Might be running $450-$550 per month just to heat my home during winter! Cord of wood is around $275-$300 now. Gas and heating oil may cost me $1,200 a month if gas goes over $4.00 here means heating oil will be around $4.75 per gallon
                        If it goes even higher
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I'm total electric. Power bill was 194.00.

Comment

Working...
                          X