Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good bath fix today

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A good bath fix today

    One of My best customers. Ungrounded vanity outlet 6" away from tub. Teen daughters bath, hair dryer on vanity. Old home 1958 ungrounded elec. Pull medicine cabinet next to outlet. drill down through sill 2x4. drill inside vanity next to cold feed. run 12 ga. bare copper with clamp on compression nut to new Gfci. outlet. all is safe.
    Nice to have an old recessed Med cabinet to remove.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: A good bath fix today

    Making the world safer, one outlet at a time
    Ideal Plumbing

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A good bath fix today

      Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      One of My best customers. Ungrounded vanity outlet 6" away from tub. Teen daughters bath, hair dryer on vanity. Old home 1958 ungrounded elec. Pull medicine cabinet next to outlet. drill down through sill 2x4. drill inside vanity next to cold feed. run 12 ga. bare copper with clamp on compression nut to new Gfci. outlet. all is safe.
      Nice to have an old recessed Med cabinet to remove.
      Are you an electrician too?
      Time flies like an arrow.

      Fruit flies like a banana.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A good bath fix today

        yes. breid................

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A good bath fix today

          Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          Are you an electrician too?
          Yes We wire homes and do new services
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A good bath fix today

            Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Yes We wire homes and do new services
            You're an electrician and a plumber too? Nice.
            Time flies like an arrow.

            Fruit flies like a banana.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A good bath fix today

              It said "gen.contr." under occupation. My guess is that he's a general contractor....could be wrong though
              Ideal Plumbing

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A good bath fix today

                Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                It said "gen.contr." under occupation. My guess is that he's a general contractor....could be wrong though
                Here in Mn it's rare to see someone who's a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician. I've never seen it myself. It would take someone becoming a plumber or electrician after a five year apprenticeship, quitting the trade to do the same thing in the other trade. That's a great deal of night school. (ten years). A whole bunch of commitment there!
                Time flies like an arrow.

                Fruit flies like a banana.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A good bath fix today

                  If I'm understanding you correctly,you attached a ground wire to a compression nut. That sucks because now theres a clamp where my wrench should go if I'm making a repair to the plumbing. You guys should never attach clamps to valves or fittings.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A good bath fix today

                    Keep in mind i have 48 Years in the trades. Basically a Carpenter.
                    Switched Unions from local #22 carp. and millwright. Sf to local # 37
                    Oakland Pile drivers. Went full time Weld school. Got X ray certs. stick n wire feed.welded years, missed carpentry got gen, lic, 1984.
                    This Lic. allows Me to pull all permits and do the work Myself If
                    project involves 2 or more trades. I pull permits and have it inspected and signed off. I feel S.F. Is one of the best build. Dept.
                    Many x union plumbers that don't like passing Generals that plumb.
                    It makes Me a better ,neater, to code plumber, i feel. Thanks for listening. OH Years ago I passed My separate C-36 state Lic. exam. wouldn't give it to Me. I don't work for a plumber! Brought in all 5 Years of signed off plumbing permits. Said No1 so I use Gen. B and Keep plumin!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A good bath fix today

                      Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                      If I'm understanding you correctly,you attached a ground wire to a compression nut. That sucks because now theres a clamp where my wrench should go if I'm making a repair to the plumbing. You guys should never attach clamps to valves or fittings.
                      Well, I could of ripped out the vanity and counter, opened up the wall. These are neighbors and friends. We've done over $140,000 worth of improvements to their home. I also work on Her Mom's place on the water. The ground clamp Has 2 screws to remove it. If I see Your Van up the street ,I'll take it off for You. Bottom line is ,a 14 Year old girl won,t die if a hair dryer falls in the Tub ! I can live with the rest !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A good bath fix today

                        Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Keep in mind i have 48 Years in the trades. Basically a Carpenter.
                        Switched Unions from local #22 carp. and millwright. Sf to local # 37
                        Oakland Pile drivers. Went full time Weld school. Got X ray certs. stick n wire feed.welded years, missed carpentry got gen, lic, 1984.
                        This Lic. allows Me to pull all permits and do the work Myself If
                        project involves 2 or more trades. I pull permits and have it inspected and signed off. I feel S.F. Is one of the best build. Dept.
                        Many x union plumbers that don't like passing Generals that plumb.
                        It makes Me a better ,neater, to code plumber, i feel. Thanks for listening. OH Years ago I passed My separate C-36 state Lic. exam. wouldn't give it to Me. I don't work for a plumber! Brought in all 5 Years of signed off plumbing permits. Said No1 so I use Gen. B and Keep plumin!
                        How the heck can they deny you a C-36 if you have 5 years worth of plumbing permits? The licensing board can really be a pain in the butt sometimes, huh? As if some desk jockey sitting in an office knows anything about how good of a plumber you are - the 5 years worth of work completed to code should be a BIG hint!
                        Ideal Plumbing

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A good bath fix today

                          thank you
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X