X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Liabilty and workers comp. Insurance

This whole discussion, just makes me happy I live in a country where the govt. has created a body (workmans compensation board) whose purpose is to safeguard all workers. Each province has a version of this and the board in addition to providing benefits for injured workers also inspects job-sites for safety infractions and levies fines where necessary to insure a safe work environment.
    Not a perfect system here, but seeing what is available in other areas, I am so thankful we have what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
      This whole discussion, just makes me happy I live in a country where the govt. has created a body (workmans compensation board) whose purpose is to safeguard all workers. Each province has a version of this and the board in addition to providing benefits for injured workers also inspects job-sites for safety infractions and levies fines where necessary to insure a safe work environment.
      Not a perfect system here, but seeing what is available in other areas, I am so thankful we have what we do.
      Yeah here we just take'um out back and put injured workers out of their misery.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        You are so full of crap, it's time to flush the bowl

Why would a one man band bother to file under chapter S ? Who are your share holders, corporate officers and where is your stock certificate? At best you are a sole proprietor or a limited liability corporation.

Go find someone else to impress with your BS, the numbers and the logic don't add up.

S Corporations

S corporations are corporations that elect to pass corporate income, losses, deductions and credit through to their shareholders for federal tax purposes. Shareholders of S corporations report the flow-through of income and losses on their personal tax returns and are assessed tax at their individual income tax rates. This allows S corporations to avoid double taxation on the corporate income. S corporations are responsible for tax on certain built-in gains and passive income.
        To qualify for S corporation status, the corporation must meet the following requirements:
        • Be a domestic corporation
        • Have only allowable shareholders
          • including individuals, certain trust, and estates and
          • may not include partnerships, corporations or non-resident alien shareholders
        • Have no more than 100 shareholders
        • Have one class of stock
        • Not be an ineligible corporation i.e. certain financial institutions, insurance companies, and domestic international sales corporations.
        In order to become an S corporation, the corporation must submit Form 2553 Election by a Small Business Corporation (PDF) signed by all the shareholders.
        I don't believe TM is a complete BS'er on this subject. There are advantages to S, C, LLC or whatever dependent on what one is wanting to do that can be done with 1 person businesses.

Just doesn't have to be such an I'm right-your wrong-these are the reasons why conversation all the time.

And any business is subject to litigation regardless of setup. Just try and put it in the best position possible.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I don't believe TM is a complete BS'er on this subject. There are advantages to S, C, LLC or whatever dependent on what one is wanting to do that can be done with 1 person businesses.

Just doesn't have to be such an I'm right-your wrong-these are the reasons why conversation all the time.

And any business is subject to litigation regardless of setup. Just try and put it in the best position possible.

J.C.
          Amen to that.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Hi,
            As i am a worker and owner also. working for my own shop and do not have any other worker.
            I have only the liability,
            I have been working for 3 years and only a few people asked me for insurance.
            Thanks
            supplemental insurance minneapolis

Comment

Working...
            X