• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Worries, It's Been Winterized!

Just a job with irony.

J.C.
    Attached Files

Re: No Worries, It's Been Winterized!

I like the conduit (emt) clamps for anchoring the copper...

Comment

since when do you guys worry about earthquakes and flex connectors

those braided flexes are a leak waiting to happen. i've probably replaced 50% of the braided flexes i've installed and we're talking hundreds.

now i'm using a combination of copper flexes and stainless corrugated flexes.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

those braided flexes are a leak waiting to happen. i've probably replaced 50% of the braided flexes i've installed and we're talking hundreds.

rick.
        Don't take offense please, I understand why you use them.

Here, a flex connector is a sign of a get in, get out, I don't care, hack plumber, handyman, or homeowner.

Any flex connector.

This place looked like a water park when turned on. One of the only things not leaking was......the flex connectors!

J.C.

Comment

I wouldn't complain Lowes / Home Depot keeps us in business..6 leaks-NICE!!!
          Was it winterized or heat go off or not turned on???
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Yea Rick...here as well you're looked at as a "hack" if you use flex lines for water heaters.

But I totally understand why you guys have to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
              I wouldn't complain Lowes / Home Depot keeps us in business..6 leaks-NICE!!!
              Was it winterized or heat go off or not turned on???
              This was an abandoned/repoe'd house. Pic. 4 shows a "Winterized" sticker on the water heater. Looks like a date of 11/24/2010.

6 leaks....Nope. I stopped at 12 and called the realtor to see how they wanted to proceed.

Just thought more pictures would get a little redundant.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                This was an abandoned/repoe'd house. Pic. 4 shows a "Winterized" sticker on the water heater. Looks like a date of 11/24/2010.

6 leaks....Nope. I stopped at 12 and called the realtor to see how they wanted to proceed.

Just thought more pictures would get a little redundant.

J.C.
                I don't know about you but when we winterize we still suggest leaving heat on 35 degrees...I had a cabin with 26 leaks and 6 hours of work...owner did not want to repipe...gotta tell ya 26 times of yelling TURN IT ON...TURN IT OFF...got real old real fast...

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                  I don't know about you but when we winterize we still suggest leaving heat on 35 degrees...I had a cabin with 26 leaks and 6 hours of work...owner did not want to repipe...gotta tell ya 26 times of yelling TURN IT ON...TURN IT OFF...got real old real fast...
                  I generally use compressed air, connected at the w.m. connections to check for burst pipes (when I know there may be some more.)

Here is a hot water circulating pump I found in a house that had been supposedly winterized.
                  Attached Files
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                    I generally use compressed air, connected at the w.m. connections to check for burst pipes (when I know there may be some more.)

Here is a hot water circulating pump I found in a house that had been supposedly winterized.
                    Whoa...nice...I would have used air but this location was on the river...way out in the middle of BFE...didn't want to go back to shop (like 45 minutes one way) for time constraints...all lines in the attics (several sections)...and holy crap so many walls...like 5 or six bathrooms...they lost heat (nobody knew and its a second home)...and of course they were in for the week and needed water...

Derek

Comment

Granted. I only carry the compressor around when I know there will be issues. Is BFE the place beside the Suez Canal with the pyramids?
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                        Granted. I only carry the compressor around when I know there will be issues. Is BFE the place beside the Suez Canal with the pyramids?
                        Pretty dang close to it!!! If my old bread truck would have got more that 8 miles to gallon I would have the compressor...but when diesel was 5.00 gallon I got rid of it...40 gallon tank at 5.00 X 2 fill ups a week = more debt!!! So vans just aren't big enough...hope fully in the next 6 months will get a enclosed trailer to put those things in it....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                          Flexible connector? Here's a SS flexible connector I just installed Friday AM. Hope this baby isn't a leak waiting to happen.
                          Attached Files
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            Flexible connector? Here's a SS flexible connector I just installed Friday AM. Hope this baby isn't a leak waiting to happen.
                            That's a new one on me. Why that?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              That's a new one on me. Why that?

Thanks.

J.C.
                              Can't you feel the Vibes?

Comment

Working...