Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
CE Classes? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CE Classes?

    Does your state require Continuing Education classes to keep your license?

    I was just looking over all the classes I've taken. Amazing how time slips away....

    Thanks.


    J.C.

  • #2
    Re: CE Classes?

    how I wish our state required a license at all.
    Even the city I'm licensed with just requires a $25 check per license after you pass the IPC exam. The kicker is that right now, the guys taking the test take it with the 2009 book, but the city still enforces 2006 ipc.

    Kinda miss the enforcement they had back in nunya, it could be a pita, but at least it seemed like they gave half a damn about unlicensed contractors.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: CE Classes?

      Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
      how I wish our state required a license at all.
      Even the city I'm licensed with just requires a $25 check per license after you pass the IPC exam. The kicker is that right now, the guys taking the test take it with the 2009 book, but the city still enforces 2006 ipc.

      Kinda miss the enforcement they had back in nunya, it could be a pita, but at least it seemed like they gave half a damn about unlicensed contractors.
      Our city its $35 then the county get $30 and every county and major city around my county same thing so every year I pay out about
      $400 to $500 year to work in these areas...does suck that the state does not have an official license...
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

      Derek

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: CE Classes?

        Several classes so far.

        Can't remember half of it. Think I've learned more from my "Forum Night School".

        Wonder if I can get my money back?


        J.C.
        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 02-21-2011, 12:11 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: CE Classes?

          Here you get yearly reminders of send us money for your business license....
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

          Derek

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: CE Classes?

            Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            Kinda miss the enforcement they had back in nunya, it could be a pita, but at least it seemed like they gave half a damn about unlicensed contractors.
            Where's nunya? (In the county of Biz?)
            Time flies like an arrow.

            Fruit flies like a banana.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: CE Classes?

              The States I am licensed in do not but they should. I do have to have CEUs for both my UPC and IPC inspectors cards.

              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: CE Classes?

                I have continuing ed every code update for both licenses (mechanical and Plumbing)State and local licenses along with various cities business licenses...

                My local inspectors have decided to stop enforcing licensing requirements and have recently started telling all of us licensed guys to start calling the state inspectors if we want to turn in a hack Most of the licensed shops in town have decided if this is the case we are no longer going to buy permits.

                Something is gonna give...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: CE Classes?

                  Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  I have continuing ed every code update for both licenses (mechanical and Plumbing)State and local licenses along with various cities business licenses...

                  My local inspectors have decided to stop enforcing licensing requirements and have recently started telling all of us licensed guys to start calling the state inspectors if we want to turn in a hack Most of the licensed shops in town have decided if this is the case we are no longer going to buy permits.

                  Something is gonna give...
                  Based on some of your posts, you need your own Plumbing Police Force.

                  "PPF! PPF! Drop the wrench and on the ground!!!"

                  Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha' gonna' do?........


                  J.C.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: CE Classes?

                    Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Based on some of your posts, you need your own Plumbing Police Force.

                    "PPF! PPF! Drop the wrench and on the ground!!!"

                    Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha' gonna' do?........


                    J.C.
                    Local Inspectors say they have no mandate or enforcement authority

                    Gonna be a rough year in hacktown...lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: CE Classes?

                      Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      I have continuing ed every code update for both licenses (mechanical and Plumbing)State and local licenses along with various cities business licenses...

                      My local inspectors have decided to stop enforcing licensing requirements and have recently started telling all of us licensed guys to start calling the state inspectors if we want to turn in a hack Most of the licensed shops in town have decided if this is the case we are no longer going to buy permits.

                      Something is gonna give...
                      Isn't that like the local inspectors job? That's just sad...
                      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

                      Derek

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: CE Classes?

                        Pennsylvania...nope..but we should be tougher.

                        I'm almost positive New Jersey you have to renew or something like with their Master Plumbers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: CE Classes?

                          the same state JC lives in. I used to live in a different part of that state. I figure if he doesn't want to advertise his location, I won't do it for him.

                          Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                          Where's nunya? (In the county of Biz?)
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: CE Classes?

                            Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            Where's nunya? (In the county of Biz?)
                            LOL-I believe it's "Nun-Ya, Biz" to be exact.

                            Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: CE Classes?

                              Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              Pennsylvania...nope..but we should be tougher.

                              I'm almost positive New Jersey you have to renew or something like with their Master Plumbers.
                              Renewal is every 2 years. And yes there are CE classes to take.

                              http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/brief/mplumb.pdf

                              http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/plumber/index.htm
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X