SDT Revisted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDT Revisted

Not to be confused with STD's....ha ha...Okay I went back and reviewed the post on everybody's opinion on the SDT drain machines...I agree with the general feeling of "stay away"....here is the question: SDT had a hand held pipe threader that the dies are Ridgid dies...if the dies are Ridgid's would you buy the threader? Or has anybody bought one or anything from this company?
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: SDT Revisted

Originally posted by dcman View Post
    Not to be confused with STD's....ha ha...Okay I went back and reviewed the post on everybody's opinion on the SDT drain machines...I agree with the general feeling of "stay away"....here is the question: SDT had a hand held pipe threader that the dies are Ridgid dies...if the dies are Ridgid's would you buy the threader? Or has anybody bought one or anything from this company?
    I've never heard of SDT. Maybe the outfit selling the hand held threader will let you do a trial thread? Make sure you get to change the dies out so you can see how that process goes.

It's hard to go wrong with Ridgid's hand threader though.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Steel Dragon Tools does not use RIDGID® parts on any of their tools. They are careful to say "RIDGID® is a trademark of Ridgid, Inc or Ridge Tool Company and is used for product identification purposes only." They are Chinese knock-off tools and when you buy them you are supporting their knock-off.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I would not buy it ..They have been selling their stuff on ebay for a couple years now. They always say "fits ridgid" and give the same description as actual Ridgid tools. They're slick for sure..Me, I'm not buying any of their tools Go on ebay and key in SDT..There is no way those tools could even compare to Ridgid tools .. I hate even walking into harbor freight..You walk through the door and the whole place wreaks of cheap chinese pop metal tools and that nasty rubber smell..I would buy a reputable brand used tool before I bought a cheap disposable piece of junk..
        Last edited by OLD1; 02-22-2011, 11:01 AM.
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Steel Dragon Tools does not use RIDGID® parts on any of their tools. They are careful to say "RIDGID® is a trademark of Ridgid, Inc or Ridge Tool Company and is used for product identification purposes only." They are Chinese knock-off tools and when you buy them you are supporting their knock-off.

Mark
          Ya thanks I thought it would be too good to be true...I mean I have a Rothenberger setup but was curious about it....
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
          X