X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat shower base stain

Have a fiat base ..Been installed for about 12-13 yrs. Was scrubbing it and ripping out the old caulk ..Trying to brighten it up..Looks like a puddle of water laid there and a slight stain outline appears..I have tried everything .Even plugged the drain and let the clorox set in there ..Is there anything anyone can recommend to remove a stain like that? Let's hear some home remedy miracle stain remover ideas..What about Billy Mays KABOOM etc..Thanks
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Fiat shower base stain

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    Have a fiat base ..Been installed for about 12-13 yrs. Was scrubbing it and ripping out the old caulk ..Trying to brighten it up..Looks like a puddle of water laid there and a slight stain outline appears..I have tried everything .Even plugged the drain and let the clorox set in there ..Is there anything anyone can recommend to remove a stain like that? Let's hear some home remedy miracle stain remover ideas..What about Billy Mays KABOOM etc..Thanks
    wut it made of?

Comment

Fiberglass..

Comment

Fiberglass..
        Treat it like you would a boat. Go to the boat store and see what they have....or a car detail shop. Thats my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          Treat it like you would a boat. Go to the boat store and see what they have....or a car detail shop. Thats my advice.
          Yeah my buddy told me the same thing ..Get something that would clean a boat..So I guess I will head to Boat US ...

Comment

Did you try Santeen? (Hydrochloric acid). The stain outline might be a mineral buildup from the standing water. If so, Santeen seems to get rid of lime, calcium, and other mineral deposits on china. I don't know what the acid would do to fiberglass.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              Did you try Santeen? (Hydrochloric acid). The stain outline might be a mineral buildup from the standing water. If so, Santeen seems to get rid of lime, calcium, and other mineral deposits on china. I don't know what the acid would do to fiberglass.
              Someone told me to try CLR Calcium, Lime , Rust remover....Guess I could see what Fiat recommends ..I'll let everyone know what does the trick if I find it

Comment

Someone told me to try CLR Calcium, Lime , Rust remover....Guess I could see what Fiat recommends ..I'll let everyone know what does the trick if I find it
                My wife uses CLR on our lav drains from time to time to shine them up. It works very well and it's not quite as aggressive as Santeen. It's still something for which good ventilation is required.

Good luck!
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

http://www.ehow.com/how_4778054_clea...hower-pan.html

This is all I could find .They do mention CLR and Bar keepers which I believe I saw both of @ HD ..What is a plastic sponge though..Not much of a cleaner

Comment

I've had good results with Barkeepers Friend,can get it at any grocery store,also got some stains out of one with a diluted wash of muriatic acid once,didn't seem to affect the F/G at all,just the stain.
                    Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

Originally posted by leakfree View Post
                      I've had good results with Barkeepers Friend,can get it at any grocery store,also got some stains out of one with a diluted wash of muriatic acid once,didn't seem to affect the F/G at all,just the stain.
                      Barkeepers friend is good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        Barkeepers friend is good stuff.
                        The best for stainless sinks

Comment

The barkeepers friend I saw comes in a container like comet comes in..

Comment

Working...
                          X