Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snug fit?

Does that meet code ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Nobody's gonna bite...... awwwwwww
      Oh they have already bitten.......off more than they can chew. They always do,I think I hear them choking on it now,.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
        It's a clean out adapter that glues inside of the pipe. see them used a lot when the plumber doesn't cut the risers off at the right height, and concrete gets poured right up to the pipe.
        I didn't think You could reduce the size of the opening .
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          I didn't think You could reduce the size of the opening .
          as per the upc. largest c/o required is a 3.5'' and typically the c/o is 1 pipe size smaller than the pipe. an ibco/ iron body cleanout is similar.

the 4'' tom kap is a 3'' or 3.5'' plug. depends on the brand you buy.

not really an issue as the par blades will spring open when shove through the top. the spiral say and 4 blade cutter will not spring.

if they wanted to spend the big money and have a nice finished look. an ibco with a "mikro" cleanout cover is the proper way. jr smith, zurn, frank pattern also make similar products. but theses all require the c/o to be set before the pour at the proper finish height.

not so with the tom kap. they are installed after the pour.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

What amazes me is the number of plumbers that still have no idea how to do a proper under slab rough. If it was done right there is no need for all this Micky Mouse crap. Same thing with the idiots that rough the water and drain a couple inches too low on a lav or k-sink so you have to use extensions and stupidly long supply tubes to finish out. Takes more time and more money and it's a good way to get your butt fired if you work for me. Arggggggggggg
            sigpic

Comment

What amazes me is the number of plumbers that still have no idea how to do a proper under slab rough. If it was done right there is no need for all this Micky Mouse crap. Same thing with the idiots that rough the water and drain a couple inches too low on a lav or k-sink so you have to use extensions and stupidly long supply tubes to finish out. Takes more time and more money and it's a good way to get your butt fired if you work for me. Arggggggggggg
              I'm sorry I caused NH Master to go postal and The Master to see an excuse for another 50 post argument, because I didn't give all the info up front. First of all, it wasn't done by a plumber. It's a CO for a storm drain line laid by a laborer with the finish height close, but a little high, which could have been handled properly if the mason laying the patio stones had raised a red flag instead of just burying it. Because it's for a storm drain line, I don't think a 3" opening will effect the ability to keep the line clean. I just wanted some info on an easy, non invasive fix, which I had already, (a 3" hub co) but wanted to know if there was something better and readily available because it's on the GC's punch list and he asked if we could handle it ASAP. I checked into the TOM-KAP and no one stocks it locally. I didn't have time to wait for a UPS delivery. Every time I pay for next day it still takes 3 days to get the product in my hand, which really pisses me off.

Comment

I like going postal, it's my thing
                sigpic

Comment

I like going postal, it's my thing
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What's the use? AKA Pablo is gonna' f#!@ it up any way.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      What's the use? AKA Pablo is gonna' f#!@ it up any way.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        I've had multiple page lectures from online plumbers..yes online plumbers I call them.......about using 4x3 closet flanges solvent welded inside 4" pvc. Now links are being posted for c.o's that solvent weld inside of pipe and alls good.

So my question is....Where are all the codebook thumpers hiding?

Not much of a code book thumper but the IPC 06' section 708 is all I can find on cleanouts..

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                          I'm sorry I caused NH Master to go postal and The Master to see an excuse for another 50 post argument, because I didn't give all the info up front. First of all, it wasn't done by a plumber. It's a CO for a storm drain line laid by a laborer with the finish height close, but a little high, which could have been handled properly if the mason laying the patio stones had raised a red flag instead of just burying it. Because it's for a storm drain line, I don't think a 3" opening will effect the ability to keep the line clean. I just wanted some info on an easy, non invasive fix, which I had already, (a 3" hub co) but wanted to know if there was something better and readily available because it's on the GC's punch list and he asked if we could handle it ASAP. I checked into the TOM-KAP and no one stocks it locally. I didn't have time to wait for a UPS delivery. Every time I pay for next day it still takes 3 days to get the product in my hand, which really pisses me off.
                          Not to worry, I'll have My friend Domonic bring the fitting over.

Comment

Originally posted by old1 View Post
                            not much of a code book thumper but the ipc 06' section 708 is all i can find on cleanouts..
                            ipc isn't used in san mateo ca.!

Comment

I'm amazed the IPC has anything in it about cleanouts at all
                              sigpic

Comment

I have run into the same situation, called the inspector, explained it and he said it would be fine. Inspectors here had to be plumbers for 9 years before being an inspector though. Good luck in San Mateo with that!

Comment

Working...
                                X