X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snug fit?

In trying to clean up someone else's mess, I'm looking into the feasibility of putting a 3" PVC hub clean out fitting inside a piece of 4" pipe. Anyone know if it will make a snug fit? I seem to recall that someone used to make a fitting specifically for that purpose.

Re: Snug fit?

A 3" hub will fit inside a piece of 4" pipe ..I would try something else though..
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'd like to try a Sioux Chief cleanout bushing (875-4P) but no one close by stocks them.
      http://www.siouxchief.com/Drainage/C...-Bushing.HXJIP

Comment

Get a 4x3 flange and cut the spigot off. It will glue inside 4" pipe and a 3" male c.O. will glue inside of it.

Comment

Duct tape
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

My supply house has called them "Tom Kap"

Comment

Every new construction plumber out here uses those Tom Kaps for clean outs. They shrink the opening of the pipe by a 1/2", limiting what you can send down the line when it's time to snake it.

Comment

the tom kap is also sold at home depot. the opening is slightly smaller than the pipe. blades will easily flex into the 2'' deep insert and spring back open. the nice thing in the ability to cut them off flush to grade after a pour.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                  I'd like to try a Sioux Chief cleanout bushing (875-4P) but no one close by stocks them.
                  http://www.siouxchief.com/Drainage/C...-Bushing.HXJIP

Try looking for the 875-845 C/O bushing kit,sometimes easier to find.
                  Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

I've had multiple page lectures from online plumbers..yes online plumbers I call them.......about using 4x3 closet flanges solvent welded inside 4" pvc. Now links are being posted for c.o's that solvent weld inside of pipe and alls good.

So my question is....Where are all the codebook thumpers hiding?

Comment

Never heard of a Tom Cap
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's a clean out adapter that glues inside of the pipe. see them used a lot when the plumber doesn't cut the risers off at the right height, and concrete gets poured right up to the pipe.

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                        Never heard of a Tom Cap
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Some seem to think if you hafta solvent weld a fitting inside the pipe you should just jackhammer the floor up and "do it right".

Basically thay dont believe you should glue anything inside a pipe.

Here have a read on this thread. Read page 8,9,10 and 11 of this thread.
                          http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...nge#post325569

Comment

I don't mind it so much on schedule 40, but I can't make myself think it's any shade of correct on cellular core. That said, It may outlast the building it's put in, only time will tell.
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Nobody's gonna bite...... awwwwwww
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X