Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need More Space

Originally posted by jrs5565 View Post
    Picked this up last december for a very nice price brand new 2008 e450, 12ft kuv body, 6ft tall rear doors. Very nice space and shelfs inside. Once the weather breaks it will be tagged up. Covred in snow now but here is the dealers shot.
    Nice looking truck....too bad it's not a Chevy
    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Thats a swaaaeeet work truck JRS. Good choice.

Comment

I am the last person that should be making recommendations on how to keep a cleaner truck

Between the camera reels, monitor and drum machine you've given up at least a 1/3rd of your floor space. You need to downsize my man. Purge the things that inhibit you. Think Feng Shui

You are probably married to the drum machine but unless you have a Sprinter it's not really practical. You've heard it a hundred time before but here it is again: K-60 and 2 baskets of cable tuck nicley in the corner out of the way. If you are like me, the drain machine is only used 2 or 3 times a week anyways. If it's more than that, keep the drum and shrink the camera equipment.

I keep 3 cameras and monitors on the truck. Together they take up less space than your big reel. Drain machines and cameras go hand-in-hand. You shouldn't have to choose one or the other because of floor space.

If I had my way I would keep at least a 10 gallon shop vac on the truck but really a 3 gallon one works just as good and takes up WAY less space. Because they are round and all the attachments are exterior they don't store very well in a van. I use the Ridgid toolcase vacuum. Short, squatty and stacks well.

Comment

Apprentices are for keeping your truck clean
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
            Its tough sometimes to work out of a standard size truck and carry it all. You just can't. I get the best information I can about the call over the phone and pick up the toilet, water heater, disposals,etc., and save all that cumbersome stuff from riding around with me all day when not needed.
            i'm getting my customers to email and take photos so i rarely ever have to make a second trip. my computer has all the parts i carry and if it's not in my truck, it's in my shop.

i also have 4 supply houses within a few miles of the shop and my house.

use to stock 20 water heaters when prices were good. now it's 1 for an emergency.

specialty equipment is at the shop when needed.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by jrs5565 View Post
              picked this up last december for a very nice price brand new 2008 e450, 12ft kuv body, 6ft tall rear doors. Very nice space and shelfs inside. Once the weather breaks it will be tagged up. Covred in snow now but here is the dealers shot.
              we all hate you !
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Apprentices are for keeping your truck clean
                What part of " How many of You one Man shops do it all ? "
                DID YOU MISS ?
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                  How many of you one man shops do it all? Whats your alternative to carrying all your stuff....trailer....bigger van...??? Got a call from 45 minutes away for a backed up sewer in a strip mall...get there and was waiting in parking lot for a manager to show up....corporate calls and says we had another plumber out the day before and they pulled the back to back toilets and tried to cable the line...cable came up a floor drain, so they tried to go thru the floor drain to come up the toilet flange...I say okay so ??? they said well we need you to camera the line to find out ???...I said okay...so I drove back and load all my crap and came back....what did I find? I walked in to find a C/O right by the bathroom, so I cabled the line....no problems...anyways I didn't have any room with out going back to the shop and off loading all that stuff...just wonder what everybody else does for space...
                  What's wrong with that? I do all the trades. I call it " TOOL SOUP "

Comment

Plumbercrack- I am currently working on getting a K-60 or maybe the RT-66....I use my drums about 1-2 a day, I usually don't carry the camera but I sure would like to...then we I get a slab job you get all that crap...IDK...

NHMaster--I am my own helper (crap I think I am in trouble)

Tool--I call it when I slam the brakes or make a quick turn HOLY CRAP...now I get to pick up crap for about a hour!!!!

I did notice no suggestion of a enclosed trailer....hhhhmmmm...
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I can also say no matter how big you go you always run out of space. My Isuzu is a 15ft box and I carry almost everything to get most jobs done. Jumping jack compactor,65lb jackhammer,3 seesnakes,2 k-60's,spartan 1065,spartan 100. Small gas jetter, And so on and so on.
                      Attached Files
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Old pic's I retired the green and blue machines for the K60 Now I can fit my camera too I'll take new pic's in the spring when I clean it plus it will be warmer.

Attached Files
                        Rod
                        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                        http://unclognh.com
                        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Cuda--interesting set-up...what one k-60 not good enough for ya

Rod--looks pretty good--looks like you do mostly drain cleaning
                          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            I can also say no matter how big you go you always run out of space. My Isuzu is a 15ft box and I carry almost everything to get most jobs done. Jumping jack compactor,65lb jackhammer,3 seesnakes,2 k-60's,spartan 1065,spartan 100. Small gas jetter, And so on and so on.
                            And Quickrete for those that want to screw with you.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                              Cuda--interesting set-up...what one k-60 not good enough for ya

Rod--looks pretty good--looks like you do mostly drain cleaning
                              That's about it all I do now. Unless one of the local one man plumbing shops calls needing a second man for bigger jobs but there doing less work than I am now.
                              Rod
                              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                              http://unclognh.com
                              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                                That's about it all I do now. Unless one of the local one man plumbing shops calls needing a second man for bigger jobs but there doing less work than I am now.
                                Maybe that's not a good thing. From what we've seen lately you're working out in the friggin woods in snowdrifts, up on rooftops, down in nasty nasty white mice filled crawlspaces, and jammed in beside 330 gallon oil bombs.

Maybe, just maybe you need some plumbing to reduce your risk of injury from frostbite, mouse bite or internal injuries from deceleration trauma.
                                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                                X