Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need More Space

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    Old pic's I retired the green and blue machines for the K60 Now I can fit my camera too I'll take new pic's in the spring when I clean it plus it will be warmer.

that's what i've been telling everyone for the last few years of running the k-60

it's about freaking time

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      Maybe that's not a good thing. From what we've seen lately you're working out in the friggin woods in snowdrifts, up on rooftops, down in nasty nasty white mice filled crawlspaces, and jammed in beside 330 gallon oil bombs.

Maybe, just maybe you need some plumbing to reduce your risk of injury from frostbite, mouse bite or internal injuries from deceleration trauma.
      I will be planning to move in a few years. Does not pay to be any kind of tradesmen here.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        Cuda--interesting set-up...what one k-60 not good enough for ya
        I have 2 K-60's because I have had times when a clutch gets worn too much to spin the 5/8 cable or a bearing seizes up etc. etc. so now I carry 2 just in case. Once I used 2 k-60's at once on a very very long run lol. And sometimes my guys have trouble and I will exchange one of my k-60's for their unit if they are having problems. And I know I should not do it because my guys should have as good of equipment as me but I give them the worst cables, the heads I don't like, snake handler gloves I burn a hole in.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I just thought about it... I know why I give them the worst stuff because I give them a new k-39 it gets f***d up, I give them new sectional cable they get bent up, I give them gloves they use them once and open a new pair. They dont reuse foot booties and I can't prove it but I think they drive in circles sometimes because they re fuel way more then I do.
          Last edited by Cuda; 02-27-2011, 10:46 PM. Reason: I shouldn't swear
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            I just thought about it... I know why I give them the worst stuff because I give them a new k-39 it gets f***d up, I give them new sectional cable they get bent up, I give them gloves they use them once and open a new pair. They dont reuse foot booties and I can't prove it but I think they drive in circles sometimes because they re fuel way more then I do.
            I don't have any employees of my own, but I've witnessed employees of other contractors abuse the crap out of stuff simply because "it's not mine". It sucks, but I guess it's the way it is - nobody cares about anyone else's property but will do anything it takes to protect something they paid for.
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
              I don't have any employees of my own, but I've witnessed employees of other contractors abuse the crap out of stuff simply because "it's not mine". It sucks, but I guess it's the way it is - nobody cares about anyone else's property but will do anything it takes to protect something they paid for.

idlplumb: Your avatar's not a pic of your apprentice?
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post

idlplumb: Your avatar's not a pic of your apprentice?
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Make sure the channel locks and teflon tape stay on top.

Comment

Its tough where I am at. The only supply house is 50 miles away, I don't have a shop and my van can only hold so much. I open the door and stuff falls out. Slamming on the brakes to miss a dear cost me a half day labor in the clean up. I try to organize it at the end of every week but it does get tough. I just hired a new apprentice and he is not at the point he can even organize the van yet. Thats probably the first thing he needs to learn...

Comment

Originally posted by NEPlumber View Post
                      Its tough where I am at. The only supply house is 50 miles away, I don't have a shop and my van can only hold so much. I open the door and stuff falls out. Slamming on the brakes to miss a dear cost me a half day labor in the clean up. I try to organize it at the end of every week but it does get tough. I just hired a new apprentice and he is not at the point he can even organize the van yet. Thats probably the first thing he needs to learn...
                      Do you do repair,new construction or both?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        Do you do repair,new construction or both?
                        Repair, new construction, remodels, and drain cleaning...

New construction or remodels I can always just have stuff delivered but everything else is done out of truck stock...

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                          Same deal...its paid for...wth is that sacks of seed corn for?? bad customers??

Bags I get at the supply house..I keep all my fittings split up in the bags as well as the bins...Never thought about using it on deadbeat customers though
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                            MAN....both of you guys have me beat as far as a messy truck goes!

Hey Old..what's with that accordion looking tail piece I see on the left hand side?

I had a customer give me one time, and it sat on my truck for like 10 years, cause I would never use one. A few months ago, I was caught in a jam...and it was the only way for me to get out of that jam. I was definitely embarrassed to use it.

Trucks all cleaned up now ..till tomorrow..The accordian tailpiece has been on the truck as long as I've had it..I hope to never use it..Actually that one is for a garbage disposal outlet ..Im sure you were embarassed to use it..
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                              Trucks all cleaned up now ..till tomorrow..The accordian tailpiece has been on the truck as long as I've had it..I hope to never use it..Actually that one is for a garbage disposal outlet ..Im sure you were embarassed to use it..
                              Man...my father still rags on me for using it that one time. But hell, I was stuck in a jam, and that tail piece was looking really nice at the moment.

Comment

Stanley makes a great plastic case to carry fittings in...I have about 8 of them and they are worth the 15-20$ they cost each. They even have a beefier version available....really nice cases. Check them out if you want to end the madness of storing fittings in a van. Plus when on jobs you can bring in the whole box of whatever size and whatever typ fittings your working with. Easy to do truck inventory also.

Comment

Working...
                                X