Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need More Space

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Stanley makes a great plastic case to carry fittings in...I have about 8 of them and they are worth the 15-20$ they cost each. They even have a beefier version available....really nice cases. Check them out if you want to end the madness of storing fittings in a van. Plus when on jobs you can bring in the whole box of whatever size and whatever typ fittings your working with. Easy to do truck inventory also.
    LOL those beefy Stanly cases line my shelves. When I saw one of those in builders warehouse I fell in love... rearranged my selves to carry as many as I could.
    Last edited by NEPlumber; 03-02-2011, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      Stanley makes a great plastic case to carry fittings in...I have about 8 of them and they are worth the 15-20$ they cost each. They even have a beefier version available....really nice cases. Check them out if you want to end the madness of storing fittings in a van. Plus when on jobs you can bring in the whole box of whatever size and whatever typ fittings your working with. Easy to do truck inventory also.

I'll have to check the Stanley bins out ..Right now I am using Rubbermaid containers..Still a constant struggle to get to anything
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
        Bags I get at the supply house..I keep all my fittings split up in the bags as well as the bins...Never thought about using it on deadbeat customers though
        Gotcha...I use the red five gallon buckets with the 5 piece holders..used to carry about 15 of them...but over the year have thinned out the herd...
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by NEPlumber View Post
          Its tough where I am at. The only supply house is 50 miles away, I don't have a shop and my van can only hold so much. I open the door and stuff falls out. Slamming on the brakes to miss a dear cost me a half day labor in the clean up. I try to organize it at the end of every week but it does get tough. I just hired a new apprentice and he is not at the point he can even organize the van yet. Thats probably the first thing he needs to learn...
          I am kinda leaning on a enclosed trailer..not for everyday but holding all that stuff when I get bigger jobs...my older van had really bad installed shelves, and one day the whole self broke free...man was I pi**ed off...the next day I learned how to work the welder and that stopped that crap!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by jrs5565 View Post
            Picked this up last december for a very nice price brand new 2008 e450, 12ft kuv body, 6ft tall rear doors. Very nice space and shelfs inside. Once the weather breaks it will be tagged up. Covred in snow now but here is the dealers shot.
            That is sweet! What does a setup like that run and what is it called? I am running a chevy van and it is too small. I have also had a 12' utility bed and said the same. I think a rig like that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
              I am kinda leaning on a enclosed trailer..not for everyday but holding all that stuff when I get bigger jobs...my older van had really bad installed shelves, and one day the whole self broke free...man was I pi**ed off...the next day I learned how to work the welder and that stopped that crap!
              guess where the 2 inch traps and glue are gonna b the day u leave the trailer home lol. but thats what im thinking also on bigger jobs just dont think my hoa will like a trailer stored in my driveway

Comment

Originally posted by LThompson View Post
                guess where the 2 inch traps and glue are gonna b the day u leave the trailer home lol. but thats what im thinking also on bigger jobs just dont think my hoa will like a trailer stored in my driveway
                Ha...actually its going to hold my jetter, wheelbarrow, jackhammer, digging crap, and things of the like....and I would park it at my shop...I could park it at home, I live way out in the county(I hear banjos picking)...put I get the jist of what your saying...Really I just was trying to figure out if anybody else who is on their own uses a trailer or what...

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
                  That is sweet! What does a setup like that run and what is it called? I am running a chevy van and it is too small. I have also had a 12' utility bed and said the same. I think a rig like that would be great.
                  The bed is from Knapheide there kuv series.http://www.knapheide.com/media/L63F_-_Ford_KUV.pdf

MSRP for the E450 cutaway was $31350 and the KUV installed and painted was $15445 for a total of $46795 which was there lot price. I paid 35000 +tax/title/plate. 3 year bumper to bumper warranty 5 year powertrain still alot of green but a very nice truck I will make money with for many years.

Also has a class 5 tow hitch and about every option they offer other then ladder racks and backup cameras which would of been nice.

Comment

The bed is from Knapheide there kuv series.http://www.knapheide.com/media/L63F_-_Ford_KUV.pdf

MSRP for the E450 cutaway was $31350 and the KUV installed and painted was $15445 for a total of $46795 which was there lot price. I paid 35000 +tax/title/plate. 3 year bumper to bumper warranty 5 year powertrain still alot of green but a very nice truck I will make money with for many years.

Also has a class 5 tow hitch and about every option they offer other then ladder racks and backup cameras which would of been nice.
                    Do you know what you're getting for gas mileage yet?

That's a very nice looking setup.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                      Ha...actually its going to hold my jetter, wheelbarrow, jackhammer, digging crap, and things of the like....and I would park it at my shop...I could park it at home, I live way out in the county(I hear banjos picking)...put I get the jist of what your saying...Really I just was trying to figure out if anybody else who is on their own uses a trailer or what...
                      take some pics when u get set up..been racken my brain on wat to buy next driving a standard silvarado with cross box and side boxes thats well stocked for its size but need a little more room for the material in boxes so loding a heater doesnt take 20 minutes.

Comment

I have the ten foot long version of that box on a duelly Chevy express van. There are very few times when I don't have what I need with me. I get between nine and ten miles per gallon fully loaded, do you have any idea what you get?

Comment

I looked at that link. That is a cool set up. I have seen a Sprinter with the same type of set up with the side bins. I am leery of the Sprinter and the cost of repairs.

Comment

I looked at a Nissan work vehicle today that is tall like the Sprinter, but around ten grand less then the Sprinter. I don't think I will be getting rid of my vehicle any time soon, but the Nissan did make a good impression on me.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                              Do you know what you're getting for gas mileage yet?

That's a very nice looking setup.
                              I have not tracked gas mileage yet I would however hope for 10 to 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                                I looked at a Nissan work vehicle today that is tall like the Sprinter, but around ten grand less then the Sprinter. I don't think I will be getting rid of my vehicle any time soon, but the Nissan did make a good impression on me.
                                When I looked at the specs for the Nissan I thought I noticed that the cargo area was about 10' long. 10' seems a little short (I'm spoiled with nearly 12', and the Sprinter also has a longer version where it's about 14'.) I also noticed that the Nissan is only available with gasoline engines, so the mileage will be less.

What primarily concerns me after cargo room, and reliability is mileage since that seems to be the main cost of operating a vehicle. With the 2006 Sprinter I get pretty much a genuine 20 mpg. P-Rick (I like that handle Rick ) gets far less mileage with a 2008 Sprinter, which is a newer generation of Sprinter. The more expensive fuel becomes the more important fuel economy becomes.

There's a semi protoype electric truck being developed that costs about $100k. It uses no gas or diesel. If it ends up being reliable with far lower cost of operation it may well be cheaper than the trucks we are looking at today. Especially when the costs of these electric vehicles drop. (which they will)
                                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                                X