X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need More Space

I haven't heard any comparison of cost per mile on the electrics. It isn't free to fill up and wonder what the price differance is. I know that you aren't plugging that thing in at my house when you do a service call

Comment

IMO having a bigger truck saves on gas because you're going to the supply house less. You're never going to have everything but this eliminates the trips every day of the week. Take a look on past invoices and see which materials you're really turning over. I agree with Pcrack on getting rid of the 7500 and vacuum. I also have the ridgid vacuum but I can't wait for it to die so I can get the dewalt 18v vacuum which was better suited for my needs. Also get in habit of putting things back when you get done and remember you should be charging your customers for having to clean your truck. It's part of the cost of doing business.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        IMO having a bigger truck saves on gas because you're going to the supply house less. You're never going to have everything but this eliminates the trips every day of the week. Take a look on past invoices and see which materials you're really turning over. I agree with Pcrack on getting rid of the 7500 and vacuum. I also have the ridgid vacuum but I can't wait for it to die so I can get the dewalt 18v vacuum which was better suited for my needs. Also get in habit of putting things back when you get done and remember you should be charging your customers for having to clean your truck. It's part of the cost of doing business.
        Used to be my beast..plenty of room..but a 6-8 m.p.g. and $4.00-$4.50 a gallon of diesel and a 42 gallon fuel tank...had to see it go..
        Attached Files
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
        X