• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 Dodge Sprinter quirkiness

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    For sale again soon

Forget it...I'm not buying
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      my situation is not the ideal one. i'm lower than average due to traffic and short trips.

but in the city, the computer shows 12.7 in the last 4500 miles. the first 10,000 was 14. but i did have more 120 mile trips to a job in san diego. also the last 5 months i've been towing my big jetter much more.

on the highway, i've managed to average 19.2

rick.

not your typical day, but not far off.
      Rick, I REALLY appreciate that info. There goes the main reason I had to get a 2011 or any 2nd generation Sprinter. Although repair issues have been on my mind lately.

I get a legit ~20 mpg (normally slightly under in winter, but slightly over in the summer) loaded and operating in city and highway. I never run a trailer (Hard on the transmission).

Thanks.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
        Rick, I REALLY appreciate that info. There goes the main reason I had to get a 2011 or any 2nd generation Sprinter. Although repair issues have been on my mind lately.

I get a legit ~20 mpg (normally slightly under in winter, but slightly over in the summer) loaded and operating in city and highway. I never run a trailer (Hard on the transmission).

Thanks.
        Geno, them there V6 Sprinters, do not get the millage like our straight 5 engines do. Also there is more quirks in the V6 unit than the straight 5 units. Last I heard Dodge is going to start carrying the Fiat Van as the Sprinter replacement. It is very similar as the Sprinter.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Why wouldn't they make a dodge so we didn't have to buy a foreign truck? The parts sound like they will kill you on the Sprinter. I want AWD also!

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
            Why wouldn't they make a dodge so we didn't have to buy a foreign truck? The parts sound like they will kill you on the Sprinter. I want AWD also!
            That's an excellent question Birdie!

Why won't Ford, GM or Dodge create a van to compete with the Sprinter? Clearly Dodge won tremendous market share when they were able to badge the Mercedes Sprinter as a Dodge Sprinter.

The mileage and headroom of the 2002 - 2006 Sprinters make it extremely competitive and very desirable imho. Certainly the van's cost more up front, but I believe the benefits gained outweigh the extra cost.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
            X