Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Repipe With Pex

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    But those were heat fusion welds right? Or are you talking a solvent weld glue joint?
    Solvent weld pvc just like water. Good ole glue joint.

Comment

Really ..Beats cutting and threading I guess..Didn't know that was legal
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Really ..Beats cutting and threading I guess..Didn't know that was legal
        At the time the gas co approved it but it had to be 18" deep and the last 18" horizontal pipe had to be metallic,turn and come out of the ground with metal.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015
          We gotta start running a pool. winner guesses how many pages yet another pointless post will run BTW fella's for them of you'se running pex you can done buy it in hunnerd, 3 hunnerd, 500 hunnerd and tousand feet longs rolls. skuse me wile I go string a half mile o pex round the neighhbors house cause his water done froze up Kinda gives INDOOR PLUMIBING a whole new meaning Good thing is were just the hot pipe though cause the cold water pipe would be pretty darned hot only being burried a foot in the ground
          Its pointless because of people like you who post useless crap like above and not adding any knowledge to the conversation. Seems like you would try to make a valid point or pick a fight you could win.

Comment

We gotta start running a pool. winner guesses how many pages yet another pointless post will run BTW fella's for them of you'se running pex you can done buy it in hunnerd, 3 hunnerd, 500 hunnerd and tousand feet longs rolls. skuse me wile I go string a half mile o pex round the neighhbors house cause his water done froze up Kinda gives INDOOR PLUMIBING a whole new meaning Good thing is were just the hot pipe though cause the cold water pipe would be pretty darned hot only being burried a foot in the ground
            My guess no less than 75

Comment

My guess no less than 75
              How about we talk about a drain...or a k-60.....that never gets old does it?

Comment

I am not the one that posted pictures of pex strung around someones house. Who gives a crap. It's called plumbing. It's what we all do for a living. You think you freeking invented it? BTW once again you have managed yet another thread that pretty much confirms what we all think of your masterful abilities.

WTF is your problem.....yes its plumbing and its posted in the plumbing section of the website ...correct? Who said anything about inventing plumbing?

Would you have suggested me jack hammer a 60' trench through her house????? You dont make sense.

Comment

Oh well then excuse me. I guess then we are all supposed to congratulate you for putting a days work in o Masterfull one

Really now, tell us the truth. How long have you been plumbing ? Two three years tops I would guess
                  No your suppose to STFU and not post if you dont like the thread. Just because you dont find it useful doesn't mean others dont.

I've been plumbing long enough to know your not a good teacher if you didn;t even know how to check gas pressure on a water heater control or how to size the pipe.

Need a link to that thread? You need to check yourself because your lacking alot of info to be a teacher of the trade and to question my knowledge or abilities.

IMO your bitter...maybe you couldn't make it by yourself....maybe you always in your mind thought you were better than what you are and I'm teaching you that....you find that offensive and lash out at me.....whatever is your problem.....its your problem.
                  Last edited by TheMaster; 03-01-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

So what exactly was your reason for the thread in the first place ? Did you really think that you were impressing us? or that anyone gave a crap? Nope, it was yet another in a long line of threads and posts made for the sole purpose of agitating. You spend a whole lot of time telling everyone that will listen what great plumber you are. Are your really that insecure in yourself that you have to play this stupid game over and over. We get it. You think you are god's gift to the plumbing profession.

Post any link you want, just be sure to read it before you do LOL
                    I posted the thread because this is a plumbing forum. is that why people post thread...to impress people? So I take that as all your threads are created to impress people. Nice I will look into what you think impresses people.

How does me posting up a job that i did today agitating you???? You need professional help brother and I'm not joking.

Oh and here is the thread that you learned how to check the working gas pressure of a gas water heater with a manometer.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=relief+valve

You did a good job of trying to bury it but its in there for those who wish to read it.

Comment

I did'nt bury anything and I would be more thatn happy to have everyone in the world read it. It was and still is an example of hack plumbing. I said there and I'll say here. Nobody that cares would even consider hanging a regulator like that. Two regulators. One at the tank and one at the house. NONE in the house. And if you want to actually defend the origional installation for any reason it tells us all it need about your Masterful abilities.
                      In Pa. there is no special license to install gas lines here.

With that said, newer developments in my area are popping up with higher gas pressure, and a regulator outside and inside at the manifold. Here in our state, the gas company inspects before they set a meter. So if a regulator is down in the basement as well...they must be ok with it.

Comment

I did'nt bury anything and I would be more thatn happy to have everyone in the world read it. It was and still is an example of hack plumbing. I said there and I'll say here. Nobody that cares would even consider hanging a regulator like that. Two regulators. One at the tank and one at the house. NONE in the house. And if you want to actually defend the origional installation for any reason it tells us all it need about your Masterful abilities.
                        And its an example of you not knowing what your talking about and wanting to argue about it. From the regulator being in the house to how to check the gas pressure....and that makes sense because you probably never have installed or serviced a 2lb natural gas system.

Comment

So do I make hacktown? The 2lb regulator was not set yet due to having to test
                          Attached Files

Comment

I had a customer call me a few months ago to run a gas line in his brand new home, to his fire place.

When I went down in the basement, the gas main was 3/4 gastite all the way to the manifold. From the manifold, there were 5 take off's all 1/2 gastite running to each appliance.

My first reaction was..to write down the Btu's of each appliance, and take it home and do my conversions cause I do not know it off the top of my head. Then I was going to call the gas company and Plumber to find out what the development was set up for pressure wise. But then glaring me in the face and overlooked the first time was the regulator, which told me a higher pressure was in the house.

I do know from doing new work that we use to set up 12/2 gas which is a higher pressure and 3/4 main is fine. But not many Plumbers in our area know about 12/2. But I was taught rule of thumb to run 1" (minimum) to the heater growing up in the trade.

After seeing this...I now want to take a class with the gas company to get up to speed of what's going on in our area.

Comment

We have 2lb. everywhere with requirement for it to be regulated down at each appliance.

A non-vented regulator in the up position.

Can't comment if this is an "improvement" as I am no gas guru.

In residential, it seems you almost can't screw the volume up as so much can be supplied. Do the numbers anyway though.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                                I had a customer call me a few months ago to run a gas line in his brand new home, to his fire place.

When I went down in the basement, the gas main was 3/4 gastite all the way to the manifold. From the manifold, there were 5 take off's all 1/2 gastite running to each appliance.

My first reaction was..to write down the Btu's of each appliance, and take it home and do my conversions cause I do not know it off the top of my head. Then I was going to call the gas company and Plumber to find out what the development was set up for pressure wise.

I do know from doing new work that we use to set up 12/2 gas which is a higher pressure and 3/4 main is fine. But not many Plumbers in our area know about 12/2. But I was taught rule of thumb to run 1" (minimum) to the heater growing up in the trade.

After seeing this...I now want to take a class with the gas company to get up to speed of what's going on in our area.
                                We have been running 2lb. manifold systems for years..It's amazing what you can run on one of those systems..never heard of 12/2 what is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X