Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TheMasters Random Pics Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: TheMasters Random Pics

    Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Looks like the best installation I have seen in a long while....keep up the great work
    isn't he your tile guy?

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: TheMasters Random Pics

      Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      isn't he your tile guy?
      What tile guy? I dont have a tile guy.....I thought it was the guy who you apprenticed under......

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: TheMasters Random Pics

        Originally posted by Toilet King View Post
        I installed this toilet today. I took it out of the box and then I assembled it, stuck a wax ring on it and bolted it to the flange. I even used new bolts and put the seat on. Best part was that it actually flushed the very first time. I must be the best plumber in the whole world

        Atleast 2nd best
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: TheMasters Random Pics

          3/4" Rehau pex through the attic space insulated with armaflex and taped joints.

          The customer has a notable increase in volume and pressure. After the repipe I had to install a flow restictor in the lavatories or water would hit the bottom of the lav and ramp out of the bowl onto the floor.....the customer was very impressed and says it doesn't take aslong to fill her jacuzzi tub. Great satisfied and check in hand.

          Notice the electrical at the bottom of the pic. Not in a junction box. I found that all over the attic. I informed the homeowner and the homeowner called an electrician and I explained to the electrician what the problem was and they are correcting the problems 1st am.

          Very dangerous situations I found.







          Check this fine original installation of the copper piping. Looks wonderful and it served its purpose for 50 or so years.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: TheMasters Random Pics

            Yikes...see alot of bad electrical in homes here were older people built their own homes back in the day...cannot figure out how they don't burn down...
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

            Derek

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: TheMasters Random Pics

              J-boxes are overrated...
              Ray

              “Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

              www.mauiplumbinginc.com

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                To remove the kohler tub you just use a sawzall to just cut the construction adhesive and the tub lifts right out. Yes you can reach all 5 tub supports easily from the doors that will be installed on the front of the tub deck. I could have that tub out of the hole in under 10 minutes.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                  Originally posted by TheMaster View Post


                  That wiring doesn't need to be in a junction box since they taped the wires together. You can look that up in the HEC (hack's electrical code).
                  Ideal Plumbing

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                    Putting pex above the attic insulation and insulating it with rubber/foam wrap seems strange to me... the insulation only slows the freezing.

                    Mind you, I don't know what climate you have.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                      Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                      Putting pex above the attic insulation and insulating it with rubber/foam wrap seems strange to me... the insulation only slows the freezing.

                      Mind you, I don't know what climate you have.
                      Usually a warm climate but say over a 20 year period we may get into single digits a few times and daytime temps below freezing. Its rare to have a pipe freeze in the attic if the homes heat is on here.

                      ADD>The ceiling joists are 2x6...there is only 3.5" of insulation in the attic if its even that much, in some places there was NO insulation at all......I advised her she needed more insulation in the attic. Not so much for heating purposes as for keeping the house cool in the summer. Adding the blown in insulation would also help keep the pipe from freezing the few instances when its possible. Its cheap too.....you can get a 2,000 sq ft home blown in for about 800 bucks to r-30
                      Last edited by TheMaster; 03-05-2011, 11:48 AM. Reason: ADD>

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                        Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                        Putting pex above the attic insulation and insulating it with rubber/foam wrap seems strange to me... the insulation only slows the freezing.

                        Mind you, I don't know what climate you have.
                        I am right there with you when you look at some of this stuff and give your head a shake. I am in Kamloops and started out here the same way, looking at some plumbing in or too close to outside walls and just could not believe what I was seeing. Before I was here I worked in Edmonton
                        over 10 years and NOTHING ever was instaled inside a cold space, in a outer wall, etc. cuz it would be solid in just hours as soon as the cold weather hit. I even had a vertical kitchen stack down thru a heated basement that was spaced about 3 inches off the wall freeze solid from slab up to the joist once!
                        Reading lots of the posts on here just shows how big a part climate plays in how differently we do our installs. At first I am amazed at what I see, then I have to remind myself that not everyone lives in the frozen north.
                        Last edited by shock1964; 03-05-2011, 11:54 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                          Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
                          I am right there with you when you look at some of this stuff and give your head a shake. I am in Kamloops and started out here the same way, looking at some plumbing in or too close to outside walls and just could not believe what I was seeing. Before I was here I worked in Edmonton
                          over 10 years and NOTHING ever was instaled inside a cold space, in a outer wall, etc. cuz it would be solid in just hours as soon as the cold weather hit. I even had a vertical kitchen stack down thru a heated basement that was spaced about 3 inches off the wall freeze solid from slab up to the joist once!
                          Reading lots of the posts on here just shows how big a part climate plays in how differently we do our installs. At first I am amazed at what I see, then I have to remind myself that not everyone lives in the frozen north.
                          I've only seen snow here 3 times in my life....and thats almost 40 years. I've only seen single digit temps two or 3 times and only maybe 2-3 times in 40 years have we stayed below freezing more than 36 hrs. Its the opposite here....its too damn hot Summer time temps in the high 90's and overnight lows in the mid 80's

                          Climate changes the whole game.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                            My water services have to be 5'. Building sewers at 3' should have blue board over them.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                              Originally posted by spoon View Post
                              My water services have to be 5'. Building sewers at 3' should have blue board over them.
                              Wow...here we bury for protection from damage...not so much from freezing. I think our frontline is like 2"....yes thats inches

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: TheMasters Random Pics

                                Originally posted by spoon View Post
                                My water services have to be 5'. Building sewers at 3' should have blue board over them.
                                Had a frozen 4inch h2o main burried at 8 feet frozen solid at an Edmonton shopping mall once.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X