Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheMasters Random Pics

Re: TheMasters Random Pics

This bathtub had a bad trap and had been leaking for a WHILE. look at what the sewer gases and off gasing from the bacteria did to the coppa and brass waste&overflow. The big nasty I called the job. It was back in the corner of some kictchen cabinets. I had to cut the wall out and part of the cabinet bottom and then break a 6" thick slab to access the pipe to replace the waste&overflow and the p-trap. Te hole you see in the pic was filled with black water...apprentice sucked it out with a shop vac.

Comment

I don't know why people insist on buying soaking tubs, they are the biggest waste of money for a bathroom.

Why buy a soaking tub when you can buy a tub with jets and with a heating element to keep the water warm?

The first time they fill that up and "drain" their water heater, they are gonna ***** when they realize nothing is going to maintain the heat in that tub.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        I don't know why people insist on buying soaking tubs, they are the biggest waste of money for a bathroom.

Why buy a soaking tub when you can buy a tub with jets and with a heating element to keep the water warm?

The first time they fill that up and "drain" their water heater, they are gonna ***** when they realize nothing is going to maintain the heat in that tub.
        I agree with you but the tub in the pic is not a soaker....its an air jet tub. She has a tankless so hot water is not an issue this time around. The tub motor has a built in heater also.

Comment

Whats with the liquid nails? I always set my fiberglass tubs / shower bases etc. in sand mix...Thats just me though
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Whats with the liquid nails? I always set my fiberglass tubs / shower bases etc. in sand mix...Thats just me though
            It maintains the factory warranty. Since this one was upstairs I decided to use the liquid nail method instead of the mortar mix. The tub olny needs to contact the floor under its feet. I used alot of liquid nail but its only going to end up being about 1/8" thick under the feet. I used plenty and let it squeeze out.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              That tub has feet. It's made to level itself and or slope itself towards the drain if I'm not mistaken. I usually set mine in sand mix as well. But that looks like a Kohler tub and I usually do the same thing that TM has done, the instructions usually call for it. Some tubs strictly say (even some fiberglass ones) sand mix / mortor voids the warranty.
              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                That tub has feet. It's made to level itself and or slope itself towards the drain if I'm not mistaken. I usually set mine in sand mix as well. But that looks like a Kohler tub and I usually do the same thing that TM has done, the instructions usually call for it. Some tubs strictly say (even some fiberglass ones) sand mix / mortor voids the warranty.
                It's a Kohler air tub. It does have feet and is sloped to the drain. I dropped the tub in the hole dry and then gauged my plywood feet to have a 1/8" clearance then marked the spots on the floor with a sharpie where the liquid nail should be. Drop the tub in and walk away.

The tub deck was dead nuts level. Tile man used a level I think he stand on the ground and hand it up to the 3rd floor window

Comment

Not sure how I missed the pump in the back of the tub..but I did.

From experience of calling the different manufactures over the years, liquid nails, low expanding foam, 30# felt paper & cement, structolite etc...are all acceptable materials to use underneath.

Plus this tub has feet anyways.

Comment

Not sure how I missed the pump in the back of the tub..but I did.

From experience of calling the different manufactures over the years, liquid nails, low expanding foam, 30# felt paper & cement, structolite etc...are all acceptable materials to use underneath.

Plus this tub has feet anyways.
                    I tell ya flux I have installed a crap load of tubs and these kohler air tubs are the easiest in the world. They are super light weight..the motor just blows air and has a small heating element in it. The tub has a crap load of holes drilled around the bottom sides where the air comes out...after the bath is drained most all the water drains out through the small holes....then a few minutes later the motor comes back on and blows air through the tub to purge the water out of the system. The motor can be remotely located also.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                      I tell ya flux I have installed a crap load of tubs and these kohler air tubs are the easiest in the world. They are super light weight..the motor just blows air and has a small heating element in it. The tub has a crap load of holes drilled around the bottom sides where the air comes out...after the bath is drained most all the water drains out through the small holes....then a few minutes later the motor comes back on and blows air through the tub to purge the water out of the system. The motor can be remotely located also.
                      I've actually put a few of them in, and I do like them. It's been awhile though, because I've been ripping them out cause custom showers seem to be the craze right now.

Comment

I've actually put a few of them in, and I do like them. It's been awhile though, because I've been ripping them out cause custom showers seem to be the craze right now.
                        On the end of that tub there is a 42x72" shower being built. I will post pics as the job rolls on.....haven't had much time to take any pics really. I pulled a 10-11 hr day today and ate lunch between servi calls.
                        I installed the tub this morning and connected the waste and then did 4 servi calls...easy ones and then ripped into that nasty bath waste late today around 4:00 and didn't get finished until 7:30.

Comment

Nice job...never thought of liquid nails...very clean job...
                          There I learned something today!
                          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I installed this toilet today. I took it out of the box and then I assembled it, stuck a wax ring on it and bolted it to the flange. I even used new bolts and put the seat on. Best part was that it actually flushed the very first time. I must be the best plumber in the whole world
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Toilet King View Post
                              I installed this toilet today. I took it out of the box and then I assembled it, stuck a wax ring on it and bolted it to the flange. I even used new bolts and put the seat on. Best part was that it actually flushed the very first time. I must be the best plumber in the whole world
                              Looks like the best installation I have seen in a long while....keep up the great work

Comment

Working...
                              X