X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love my new pump

I needed a new pump for draining hwt's in places with no drain below grade, as my old little giant died. It was kinda a piece of crap anyway.
    Wholesale talked me into this baby. It is great, works fast and also good with glycol and boiler chemicals etc.
    http://www.libertypumps.com/Products...?p=18&s=7&c=16

Re: i love my new pump

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
    I needed a new pump for draining hwt's in places with no drain below grade, as my old little giant died. It was kinda a piece of crap anyway.
    Wholesale talked me into this baby. It is great, works fast and also good with glycol and boiler chemicals etc.
    How much did that set ya back? I used a wayne pump from lowes only because when it dies I cant be waiting around two weeks for another one...nice looking pump...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

was a bit over 200, but compared to what i used before, worth every penny.

Comment

I just saw that same pump at my supply house last week.Just had to have one! My buddy saw it before I got it in the shop and allready wants to borrow it the next time he drains his waterbed.

Rick

Comment

I bought the same one about 6-8 months ago, love it, drain the h/w heaters in no time. I think mine was about 180.00 at supply house.

Comment

Ya we always end up payin more for the same product in Canada than you do down south.

Comment

We have been using these types of pumps since the early 80's, don't know what we would do without them.

Comment

That looks awesome. I've been using an old grundfos solar circ pump I took off a system that got terminated. It's not fast but it works....
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
                  have the same pump. first lasted a few years and it shorted out. the fan blade somehow worked it's way into the windings of the armature

called up the company and told them what happened. they gave me an rma and i shipped it back. following week, they shipped me a brand new pump. for free

now that's what you call customer service.

great pump and great customer service

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

You guys sold me! I got one and will try pumping out a waster heater tomorrow. I usually use an air compressor.

Comment

Never have I had to pump out a water heater with a pump in almost a quarter century in the business.I'm getting old!..... They are always drained by the time I have the new one in the basement and set up to install. I always turn on house pressure to the hose before I shut it down anyway, blows all the sediment out, only takes 15 minutes tops to drain one and have never had a problem finding a place to drain.
                      Nice pump though, could use it for other things I'm sure. Nice pump, just being real.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                        Never have I had to pump out a water heater with a pump in almost a quarter century in the business.I'm getting old!..... They are always drained by the time I have the new one in the basement and set up to install. I always turn on house pressure to the hose before I shut it down anyway, blows all the sediment out, only takes 15 minutes tops to drain one and have never had a problem finding a place to drain.
                        Nice pump though, could use it for other things I'm sure. Nice pump, just being real.
                        We have a lot of crawl spaces/basements W/O drains.
                        You are a fortunate individual not having to hassle.

Comment

Hi everyone first post

I also have this pump it works great on water heaters. About a month ago I took a five gallon bucket and some garden hose and ends and made me a really good system using this pump to flush tankless water heaters.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            We have a lot of crawl spaces/basements W/O drains.
                            You are a fortunate individual not having to hassle.

You're right, I guess I do remember that. I don't know if most here know it but I lived out in California for almost 20 years after being in the Marine Corps at Camp Pendleton, and moved back to my home town in Northern Minnesota about 9 years ago.
                            Lived in Santa Rosa and Sonoma, and Ukiah. Worked in Marin and Sonoma Counties and also worked in S.F. for two years, was in S.F. during the 89 earthquake. I've seen my share of crawl space in my time and I don't miss them at all. The tight spaces, the rats, black widows, dead cats and possums etc.
                            I still don't remember ever pumping out a water heater, I don't think I ever did. I do remember dumping a couple in the craw space into the dirt though!
                            Love the basements around here. Even though we freeze our azz off here in the winter I don't think at my age I would trade the basements for anything as long as I'm still working. When I'm done I may move back, maybe back up to Mendocino county, love that area. Shelter Cove comes to mind as one of my favorite spots. Love shooting pigs and the blacktails, Abalone diving, spring turkey hunts etc. Ok I do miss it.

Comment

Working...
                            X