X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield toilets?

I picked up a Gerber viper to replace a toilet on friday and my salesman told me he also has Mansfield toilets for customers who want made in the U.S.A. For the guys that use Mansfield what models do you use and what models are nothing but call backs ? I checked out there site and it looks like they have a ton of different models . Thanks

Re: Mansfield toilets?

Gerber is a member of the US Green Building Council and is a partner in the US EPA ..... and is made in the USA.

http://wn.com/Gerber_Plumbing_Fixtures

The only toilet I install with a guarantee is the Gerber Viper and Avalanche. I've never had a call back on them and have never had a complaint.

Comment

The Viper I installed on Friday said it was made in China to Gerber's spec.

Comment

Have you used any mansfields?

Comment

http://www.cuwcc.org/WorkArea/showcontent.aspx?id=15782

MAP test results don't look bad for some models.

Comment

My supplier offers Mansfield and Gerber Viper....I always put in the Gerber Viper...I know that's not what you asked but I don't much care for Mansfield...IMO
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

You buy a Mansfield toilet when you want to buy an ok toilet at a cheap price. If you want a good toilet, you buy something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                Have you used any mansfields?

"Used" to be my first pick of toilets. Heavily installed toilet in my area, the 160 model.

There are probably 10,000 just in my area alone in a 5 mile radius. It's all the supply houses sold and eljer was junk.

I can have a row of homes that there are absolutely no problems with the toilets, flushes fine no issues, and there'll be one house that they've had more problems with their mansfield toilets than imaginable.

Chronic clogging, backing up.

Biggest mistake that people make with a mansfield toilet is changing out the flush tower, all because they don't know how to change the flush seal and keep it from leaking. So, of course they switch the tower to a flapper type design, don't cut the overflow tube to correct height and either overflush the toilet or set it where water comes out of the trip lever opening.

Mansfield would not be my first choice at this point. But, given the reliability I've seen with the majority of them, they are decent in the priceline they're in.

The different models of toilets by mansfield I have no background knowledge on. They certainly are not being installed in my area, otherwise I'd be working on them/servicing them.

Most I install is the American Standard Champion 4 and the American Standard Cadet 3. 2 very reliable toilets easily found at the big box stores. Haven't found a toilet that matches the flushing design of the AS4 and it's impressive.

Gerber is a non-existent toilet brand in my area, short of the basic models used in rental property.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dunbar-- I feel sorry for you not have Gerber Vipers in your area...its like your being deprived...great toilet for the price...my condolences...

Derek

Comment

Kohler, Crane, Mansfield, Western are my only toilet choices

No Toto.... No American Standard...No Gerber

I may be suffering from toilet envy

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                      Dunbar-- I feel sorry for you not have Gerber Vipers in your area...its like your being deprived...great toilet for the price...my condolences...

Yep. I've never seen one in person. I read on the internet all the time they are good, but I haven't even serviced one in my area.

I heard they get good M.A.P. scores as well.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dunbar maybe the reason you've never serviced one is because it's very rare they need servicing!

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          Kohler, Crane, Mansfield, Western are my only toilet choices

No Toto.... No American Standard...No Gerber

I may be suffering from toilet envy
                          Crane eh......you might be interested in knowing that american standard bought and absorbed them a few years ago. For my money I love the Am St cadet 3, and toto toilets.

http://www.eworldwire.com/pressreleases/18173

Comment

I never installed a Mansfield toilet, and never will.

Kohler and Gerber first...then everyone else imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                              Yep. I've never seen one in person. I read on the internet all the time they are good, but I haven't even serviced one in my area.

I heard they get good M.A.P. scores as well.
                              All the new contractors here put in Mansfield toilets for their price...but a lot of them will tell you that it is a starter toilet...within 2 or 3 years we get to go back and install Gerber's because homeowners just don't like them...I put them up against any toilet on the market for under $100.00 and bet they win every time!!!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X