Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy Shiznit!

the thing that spooked me the most was above ground in another unit

many years ago on a re-pipe of a condo building, had to run the water for a lav sink on a back to back. cut the wall on 1 unit and then drilled the holes for the stub to the other lav. i minute i see day lite shining through, the next minute it went dark so i took a closer look

when i looked in, it was looking out, i saw an eyeball looking at me.

turned out the lav cabinet was it's litter box

scared the shiznit out of me.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

the bass pro shop in springfield mo has I think they estimated a snapping turtle about 120 years old and this thing looks like a dinosaur...I know once them things bite down like you said they won't let go...when I was a kid them things would go out of their way like water moccasins and chase us around...
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

This one in the video is a small alligator snapping turtle. You could imagine what one the size of a garbage can lid could do. They have a 1500lb bite force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2E6...eature=related

Comment

I saw the episode of Dirty Jobs where they are handling snapping turtles. Those things do not look friendly at all. You never would expect a turtle to be dangerous until you see one of these things.
          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I once got ate up by chiggers you can't even see these litle bastards. About 12 hours latter my whole body was 1 big welt and the itching almost drove me insane.

Comment

Came face to face with Raccoons under a beach house, in a confined area, probably 30" of head room - (can you really call it head room at that point?)....There was at least one raccoon corpse .... ughh.....

Frickin Critter Creep Show.....

I haven't been the same since. Years later I had to go into a relatively clean crawlspace, a true belly crawl. It was probably a 40' crawl to the water main, but it felt like 80. I saw the box beam was in bad shape .. lots of daylight ... I started thinking I bet there are animals in here. I mean its winter, its cold as hell...why wouldn't you crawl in here. At this point I have essentially convinced myself something is living in this crawlspace. I thought I heard scratching, like claws on the concrete. That was enough for me, you can crawl pretty fast when you want to ..

In case you haven't noticed .. I'm not what you would call a "woodsman"

Comment

I was under a trailer house fixing leaks back when I was a 1st year apprentice and I reached into my tool tray to get a repair coupling and there was a happy little black widow on it, come to find out the house was infested with black widows, I have never crawled out of a house so fast in my life...

Comment

Originally posted by NEPlumber View Post
                  I was under a trailer house fixing leaks back when I was a 1st year apprentice and I reached into my tool tray to get a repair coupling and there was a happy little black widow on it, come to find out the house was infested with black widows, I have never crawled out of a house so fast in my life...
                  Have you ever been bite by one? Feels like somebody took a 24 oz. estwing and just smack the crap out of ya... Them black widows and brown recluse are very popular here...I have been a little hesitate to just jump under a house for a couple of weeks...got me a spot light and REALLY look around then go on under....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                    Have you ever been bite by one? Feels like somebody took a 24 oz. estwing and just smack the crap out of ya... Them black widows and brown recluse are very popular here...I have been a little hesitate to just jump under a house for a couple of weeks...got me a spot light and REALLY look around then go on under....
                    Call it overkill but I put on some overalls, duct tape my gloves to the long sleeves, duct tape my boots to my pants, and I wear a mosquitoes net mask. Along with dragging my 1000 watt lamp light...

Comment

Did you guys just see on the news where a bear was hibernating in someones crawlspace? Imagine finding that under a house!
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Did you guys just see on the news where a bear was hibernating in someones crawlspace? Imagine finding that under a house!
                        Holy crap that would really suck...

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Yeah that would be a eye and bowel opening adventure....

Derek

Comment

I was doing a job at navy peir in chicago and I was looking for a water leak comeing down through a wall so I grabed my 6' ladder poped open a ceiling tile and stuck my head up there with my dewalt flashlight and not shyzniting about 5' from me a rat bigger then a squarl goes tromping by as he was going by he stoped looked at me for a second I almosed wet myself my knees where shacking and the dang rat just went on his way I slowly got down and put the ceiling tile back in place the maneger asked "did you see something up there " I just looked at him and replyed "ya a rat bigger than most cats " he laghed and said ya we feed them at night put food up there keeps them from comeing down
                            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

OMG, I can't imagine finding some of the stuff you guys run in to. There's quite a few post and pier houses here but there are also no snakes, snapping turtles, raccoons, skunks, or giant rats. The worst thing we have is centipedes and scorpions which I have been lucky enough thus far not to run into under a house. I hate roaches but after my wife showed me a picture of the potato bugs they had in Napa, CA I didn't think roaches were so bad...
                              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                                OMG, I can't imagine finding some of the stuff you guys run in to. There's quite a few post and pier houses here but there are also no snakes, snapping turtles, raccoons, skunks, or giant rats. The worst thing we have is centipedes and scorpions which I have been lucky enough thus far not to run into under a house. I hate roaches but after my wife showed me a picture of the potato bugs they had in Napa, CA I didn't think roaches were so bad...
                                What about palmetto bugs...you guys got those?

Derek

Comment

Working...
                                X