X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Shiznit!

Went to a cabin on the river for what the owner said very small hot water leak underneath...he can't get under there but can barely here it...open the crawlspace door to find this guy...he was not happy...went to get a shovel and bucket..he crawled out and to my surprise would not have fit in the bucket...and I think if I hit him with the shovel it would have just angered him more...what have you guys come across under houses??
    Attached Files
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: Holy Shiznit!

Holy Cow ! Luckily you saw him first..You don't want to tangle with those.I have caught plenty..You can lift em' by the tail and not get bit..I bet you're gonna be very cautious next crawl space you gotta go into
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      Holy Cow ! Luckily you saw him first..You don't want to tangle with those.I have caught plenty..You can lift em' by the tail and not get bit..I bet you're gonna be very cautious next crawl space you gotta go into
      Pick him up by the tail..what are you crazy..damn things sit there and hiss...good enough warning for me...I hate them things and snakes....give me the willies....

Derek

Comment

The shells look great on the wall

Comment

What no snow on the ground! where's your winter?
          Turtles already out Man I do live where hell froze over.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

A couple years ago i was in a basement and looking into a crawl space that was under a 1970's addition, i could see a leak, i told the h/o i needed to crawl in to see what needed to be done. i got my ladder and light and was heading in, i stuck my right hand in and then my head and about 12 inches away from my hand was a (looked like at the time) a 50 foot rattle snake that was gonna kill me. i told the h/o we needed to get a critter gitter out and then we could fix the plumbing. she called and a hlaf hour later a guy showed up and pulled a 15 inch garden snake out. i felt like a sissy but i hate snakes! i since have given up crawl spaces that are potentially infested with critters

Comment

I don't crawl under homes as that is where I draw the line.

Crawl spaces are fine, but if I have to go outside and remove skirting around the house to crawl in, they have the wrong Plumber.

Thankfully, we don't have many homes in my area like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                The shells look great on the wall
                Don't forget the turtle soup
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  I don't crawl under homes as that is where I draw the line.

Crawl spaces are fine, but if I have to go outside and remove skirting around the house to crawl in, they have the wrong Plumber.

Thankfully, we don't have many homes in my area like that.
                  If its not on a slab thats what you have here. Post/pier foundations......18-36" off the ground typically....remove skirting and go at it. I've had to dig my way in before.

Comment

C-r-a-w-lspace just high enough to squeeze into while investigating the mysteries of clay pipe into a greywell, I came face to face w/ a rather large mummified cat. Nowhere to go quickly...
                    Day two in our new, old home.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                      Pick him up by the tail..what are you crazy..damn things sit there and hiss...good enough warning for me...I hate them things and snakes....give me the willies....

DC: Take'em and cook'em up! After he takes you for a little ride of course!

http://www.wimp.com/snappingturtles/
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Okay that guy ain't banging on all 8 cylinders...whats amazing all them stupid turtles just sit there on the bank....nice video...thanks...

Derek

Comment

I have never seen an attack turtle! I say I am not that kind of plumber too. It is usually when I am doing something gross

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                            Okay that guy ain't banging on all 8 cylinders...whats amazing all them stupid turtles just sit there on the bank....nice video...thanks...
                            When I was a kid some neighbor kids up at the cabin dangled a rope in front of a snapping turtle. It did what you would expect. They tied the other end of the rope to the bumper of a pickup truck and took off driving down dirt roads. All the turtle had to do was let go and it would be free.

I don't know how far they went, it was a ways though and it never let go. They finally got bored and tossed it back into the lake.

You don't want one of those things chewing on you!!
                            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I've seen them as big as garbage can lids and bad enough to snap a broomstick in half. Alligator snapping turtles......I could take that guy back into the swamps and he would come back without hands and feet.....the turtles I'm talkin about get huge.

Comment

Working...
                              X