Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hotel Goes Tankless

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Racist comments have no place on the forum. Describing a person as cheap hotel franchise owner is fine but the line is crossed when you interject his race into the equation while in a negative context.

Your talking about a specific named person in the article whom you have never met. Seems like a "cheap" shot on your part.
    Touché!
    I'm sure if we look hard we can find one hotel/motel, gas station, convenience store operator that isn't looking for the lowest price way out and wont try to negotiate the invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee H View Post
      Touché!
      I'm sure if we look hard we can find one hotel/motel, gas station, convenience store operator that isn't looking for the lowest price way out and wont try to negotiate the invoice.

Good luck on that one ..
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The engineer is on the hook for making sure it works and If this were my hotel it sounds pretty economical for log term energy savings with a 300:1 turn down. There is always alternatives if it doesn't keep up in the winter like a storage tank. Awesome looking install too, and well thought out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee H View Post
          Tankless is not sized on total BTU (like boiler & tanks) its all about peak GPM flow rate at a given rise and having the tankless BTU's you meet that requirement

1,2,3 hour recovery or 1st hour delivery does not apply with tankless.
          Thanks, I have done one or two also. There are engineering design standards that come into play with a building of that size and it would be crazy to design it for everyone taking a shower at once in January. I am not an engineer so I can't say 50% is low or not, but sounds logical. Kind of like sizing a building as if everyone flushes and showers at once rather than the UPC standards.

Comment

I don't think it's racist to call it how you see it. The fact is that if I had to rate the cheapest out of my customers it would probably go indian,chinese then jewish. My best friend is jewish by the way......and even he would agree with my statement..... Does this apply to EVERY person of those groups.....of course not! But when it's based on facts during my work day then I see nothing wrong with stating so.

Comment

It kinda is racist to say "cheap Indian"...first their not Indians...their call Adivasis or Indonesians...and to assume all of these people are cheap is insulting...It would be like me saying all Floridians drive like arrogant a**holes with no regard to anybody but them selves...I work for 90% of the foreign hotel/motel owners in my area...they pay the same price as everybody else without complaint...they just want a fair job done at a fair price, and they usually will get their own material so as not to pay mark up from my stock...i don't see anything wrong with that...I think the statement could have been presented better...I don't think it was meant to be a racist statement but it did come out as such...IMHO
              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
              X