X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you West Coast guys are Ok

Watching the tsunami in Japan i hope if it makes it to California the wave is small ... Let us know

Re: Hope you West Coast guys are Ok

carpet's still dry

Comment

We have some nice weather too A beautiful day, 70 degrees here as I type this.
      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Most of the damage in CA is along the waterfront at places like the harbors of Santa Cruz and Crescent City.
        Japan was not so lucky.

Comment

Thanks for thinking of us Delcase. The Fruits, Nuts, and Liberals are still all here and accounted for.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
            Thanks for thinking of us Delcase. The Fruits, Nuts, and Liberals are still all here and accounted for.
            Don't forget you're jumping beans

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Don't forget you're jumping beans
              Everywhere is eatin' up with em'...We are totally being invaded by the mexi's too..
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Everywhere is eatin' up with em'...We are totally being invaded by the mexi's too..
                Enjoy your business while you can.
                There driving BMW,Cadilac and Land Rovers with all the work and handouts the government makes my newly unemployed friends pay for.

Which happens to be everyone BLUE COLLAR.

Pay up America.

Comment

Good to see I am not the only one who hates the invasion, it is really hurting the trade here, there is a ton of work, but it is hard to compete with those guys, do not even try, funny story,
                  I was in Home Depot last week getting a small pump to drain water heaters, this guy had enough copper , abs and steel pipe to do a small big job, he asked the salesman that was helping me if a gas flex he had in his hand would fit on a gal nipple, the salesman said I am not sure, I am not a plumber, I said no, then walked to the pumps and was reading if it would work, I noticed the guy with all his material in the isle trying to find a match to put the flex to the nipple, thats our competition, there should be a law or something not letting there guys buy that material. Seems every Latino( do not want to get anyone mad)is a master plumber, electrician and contractor and it is amazing as I drive around everyday and see jobs being worked on, not one white guy almost ever except the boss When will the government wake up and quite rewarding these folks for making across the border ?
                  When I started this crazy job a long time ago, you could not buy 90% of what home depot sells without a contractors license, and there were not home depots and the big box stores, it is all about money

Comment

Originally posted by Hulihan View Post
                    Good to see I am not the only one who hates the invasion, it is really hurting the trade here, there is a ton of work, but it is hard to compete with those guys, do not even try, funny story,
                    I was in Home Depot last week getting a small pump to drain water heaters, this guy had enough copper , abs and steel pipe to do a small big job, he asked the salesman that was helping me if a gas flex he had in his hand would fit on a gal nipple, the salesman said I am not sure, I am not a plumber, I said no, then walked to the pumps and was reading if it would work, I noticed the guy with all his material in the isle trying to find a match to put the flex to the nipple, thats our competition, there should be a law or something not letting there guys buy that material. Seems every Latino( do not want to get anyone mad)is a master plumber, electrician and contractor and it is amazing as I drive around everyday and see jobs being worked on, not one white guy almost ever except the boss When will the government wake up and quite rewarding these folks for making across the border ?
                    When I started this crazy job a long time ago, you could not buy 90% of what home depot sells without a contractors license, and there were not home depots and the big box stores, it is all about money
                    There is no compete
                    This is about the taxpayers and the unemployed american citizens paying the unpaid balance due on anyone using illegals.

Thousands of government dollars go into every illegal boarding house each month.Free room and board.My American citizen neighbors have to pay full.How is that competing.

Comment

Here is Cat Harbor on the backside of Catalina, my friend took this, we go there alot .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcfGVvQztM

Comment

I might of phrased it wrong, I with you !

Comment

Originally posted by Hulihan View Post

Comment

These guys were born in Calif and speak perfect English and pay tax like you and me . There is a big difference !

Comment

The problem is code enforcement. We should be treated like refrigeration no card no plumbing fittings, fixtures, etc . Just like c.s.s.t. sales oh yea you can pick that up at lowes ! If you want to work on your own home get a home owners permit and bring it to the supply house then they could tag it to keep tabs on what is being sold in connection to work being done. The buck stops there no permit no supply just like keeping post card in your truck. If not why have a license? It just makes it harder on the guys that do.

Comment

Working...
                              X