Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deal or No Deal

I give up ...Does anyone on here have a 690 threader
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Just emailed my tool guy..Still haven't figured it out..Will let you guys know what the deal is in case anyone esle runs into this issue

Comment

Update ..just got off the phone with my tool guy..He said just tap the adapter out from the back...rubber mallet , wood block etc..For anyone with a 690 who needs to know too..

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          see page #6 of this manual

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/62A7D47..._Drive_Man.pdf

it should push or tap out to the left side when holding it in the user position. try tapping it out with a rubber mallet.

rick.
          Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Update ..just got off the phone with my tool guy..He said just tap the adapter out from the back...rubber mallet , wood block etc..For anyone with a 690 who needs to know too..
          did you doubt me 4 days ago

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

No never ..Just when I was looking at it from the back the adapter looked beveled like it was locked into the drive..The manual doeas not say anything about removal of the adapter..And since mine came installed already I was like and when it finally pops out I will be like

Comment

Ok , I finally was able to get the adapter out of the threader..I put a piece of 2" PVC on the backside of the adapter and tap tap tap ..out she came..So then I set the 2" die in there..Took a bit of pressure to get it to lock in but I am sure as it gets worn in it won't be as hard to get the pieces in and out ...Gotta admit the manual sucked when it came to telling you how to remove the adapter..which it didn't

Comment

Working...
              X