Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal or No Deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RIDGID-690-P...item3f072c65f0
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Deal or No Deal

I seen better for my needs.
    Then again I've had a threadomatic for twenty years.

that is a great tool for a service plumber,bet you could find cheaper.little older not as pretty or dies for 1/8"

Comment

great price. thanks

just bought the last 2

well i would have if i didn't already own 2- 700 threaders.

if you're interested in 1, you better hurry as the price is great. plus free shipping.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks , thats always the risk when you ask someone if it's a good deal ..I don't mind ..I really need a power pony..And it looks like a super deal if legit

Comment

One left .Just pulled the trigger.That is going to make a nice birthday present for me ..

Comment

It is good for new but I got a pretty new looking 700 unit only on craigslist for 250. You can't kill them so a used one is Ok. The dies being new are nice though. I would bet if you take your time you could find one for 250-400.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
              It is good for new but I got a pretty new looking 700 unit only on craigslist for 250. You can't kill them so a used one is Ok. The dies being new are nice though. I would bet if you take your time you could find one for 250-400.
              Doubt it ..Not brand new..Already tried buying a used 600 off ebay for$ 600..That was a nightmare , unit was broken , box was beat to hell, return shipping cost me $80 , picking it up at the fed ex depot was a treat as well..This time I went brand new ...

The 600 complete off Tool Up is over $1,000 .The 690 powerdrive $1400..I think I got a great deal..
              Last edited by OLD1; 03-13-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Just got it..Isn't the trigger suppose to lock Can't seem to get it to lock..Am I doing something wrong Or is it designed not to lock for safety reasons..I used a 600 a while ago , the trigger would lock and you just squeezed the trigger to disengage the trigger when you were done
                Last edited by OLD1; 03-16-2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyNvi...eature=related

Now these guys are a trip..Looks like a Russian Ridgid test facility..Couldn't stop laughing..Right not I am pretty much thinking that the 600 I recently used was or is no longer designed to use a trigger lock .. a few pics of the new setup Also it says to use the die head adapter for 1/8" - 1 1/4 " die heads seems like the 11r die heads fit right in without anything alse needed ..I didn't get an adapter anyhow Iwill recheck and see if all the heads fit..

Ok looks like the adapter comes installed..I you want to thread 1 1/2 " or 2" you need to remove the adapter ring..Still scratching my head trying to figure out how to remove the adapter ring
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by OLD1; 03-16-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Didn't it come with instructions? j/k

NO you don't want to lock that trigger. Bad things will happen.

I have a new 600, very similiar to the 690 but it doesn't do 1-1/2' or 2" so I have no idea about the adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      Didn't it come with instructions? j/k

NO you don't want to lock that trigger. Bad things will happen.

I have a new 600, very similiar to the 690 but it doesn't do 1-1/2' or 2" so I have no idea about the adapter.
                      Im reading and looking at the pictures..Iunderstand about the trigger lock, my buddy must have a broken unit.

The 600 only does up to 1 1/4" so it comes with the adapter ring built on I guess..Like the 690 ..Just don't know if I have to remove the large C clip and disassemble to get the adapter ring out..It def. aint' popping right out..Guess that's a good thing..

Comment

Heavy-duty paddle switch with safety lock-off device (automatically locks off when released). Separate FORWARD/RELEASE switch. Found this on the site under descriptions

Comment

Not bad. I prefer the 700 though. I paid 350 for mine and it's saved my butt a time or two. The 700 or the 690 are great units for a service plumber. You won't regret getting it.
                          Will Rogers Plumbing
                          Moore, Oklahoma
                          (
                          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                            Heavy-duty paddle switch with safety lock-off device (automatically locks off when released). Separate FORWARD/RELEASE switch. Found this on the site under descriptions
                            Yea that's how mine is. The paddle wont turn the machine on unless the safety switch is activated first. Separate thumb switch for Forward/Reverse

Comment

Still haven't figured out how to get the adapter ring out to use the 1 1/2" and 2" dies

Comment

Working...
                              X