X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloan Flushmate

I have a customer who had a Kohler pressure assisted toilet installed by another plumber about 8 yrs ago. Every couple of years he had to replace the cartrdige after the toilet was found to be leaking. What causes this and is this normal? I read somewhere that there is a pressure regulator in the toilet that keep the pressure below 60 psi. Does this ever relieve water if the prssure ever jumps higher?

Re: Sloan Flushmate

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
    I have a customer who had a Kohler pressure assisted toilet installed by another plumber about 8 yrs ago. Every couple of years he had to replace the cartrdige after the toilet was found to be leaking. What causes this and is this normal? I read somewhere that there is a pressure regulator in the toilet that keep the pressure below 60 psi. Does this ever relieve water if the prssure ever jumps higher?
    I am not sure of the answer to that question but perhaps the website can provide some answers. I have been using Sloan Flushmates for years and I love their products!

www.flushmate.com

Comment

If I remember correctly the Flushmate literature says to check the incoming pressure( i believe it needs to be above 20 pounds) and clean the screen for the incoming water. If that does not work then toss in a new cartridge.
      Mike

Comment

I've installed many of these, and I would start with the pressure and quality of water first, before you start replacing tank components.

I have a group of power flushes I installed 10 years ago, and only replaced 1 cartridge in that time out of 5 toilets.

I absolutely love these toilets.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          I've installed many of these, and I would start with the pressure and quality of water first, before you start replacing tank components.

I have a group of power flushes I installed 10 years ago, and only replaced 1 cartridge in that time out of 5 toilets.

I absolutely love these toilets.
          I've installed a bunch of Am Stan Powerflush toilets. Even had them in my own place. I thought they were great. Then I saw a pic on this website of a toilet with a pressurized tank where the pressurized tank catastrophically failed and the china tank also exploded. Had someone been sitting on it, I'm sure a trip to the hospital would have followed.

I can longer install these in good conscience, and have been removing them from service when I can.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
            I've installed a bunch of Am Stan Powerflush toilets. Even had them in my own place. I thought they were great. Then I saw a pic on this website of a toilet with a pressurized tank where the pressurized tank catastrophically failed and the china tank also exploded. Had someone been sitting on it, I'm sure a trip to the hospital would have followed.

I can longer install these in good conscience, and have been removing them from service when I can.
            Did you mean you can no longer install?? (TYPO Police) I wonder what the circumstance were that made that happen? Like really high water pressure, with something being in a bind??
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

Unfortunate, but I've never seen this happen. The 5 I installed are in Public bathroom with very high traffic.

Plus the flushmates (II & III) you're talking about were manufactured between 1997-1998, which were a small amount of tanks that were manufactured during that time, according to Flushmate. Flushmate also honored those people who tanks didn't explode during that manufactured period as well, which was awesome.

Since then the flushmate IV can withstand 125psi, and they back it up now with a 10 year warranty of the components, and limited lifetime on the tank itself.

I have no problems pushing these toilets at all.

Comment

have 2 at my house and 1 of them is 16 years old with no parts ever replaced.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X