What a day...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day...

First job was a leaking shower drain with a hole in the copper drain the size of my thumb. While there she says my toilet doesn't flush right, so I snake it with the six footer and get a 2' long wad of dental floss and bobby pins. Next job was a supposed to be a plugged sewer and it turned out that both clear water crocks had sump pumps that failed. Give price and she has the nerve to say "Let's see if my handy man can be that price", I left and said have a nice day. Off to the next one and no problems with that. Last call of the day was for a leaking water heater. Had to cut the furnace vent piping apart in order to get the old heater out and the new in. Heater was in a small closet. While there I ask if I can use the bathroom and the HO says no, the toilet is plugged. I offer to take care of it and he says no, It has been plugged for about a week and that eventually it will soften up and be able to be flushed.

What will tomorrow hold for me?

Re: What a day...

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
    First job was a leaking shower drain with a hole in the copper drain the size of my thumb. While there she says my toilet doesn't flush right, so I snake it with the six footer and get a 2' long wad of dental floss and bobby pins. Next job was a supposed to be a plugged sewer and it turned out that both clear water crocks had sump pumps that failed. Give price and she has the nerve to say "Let's see if my handy man can be that price", I left and said have a nice day. Off to the next one and no problems with that. Last call of the day was for a leaking water heater. Had to cut the furnace vent piping apart in order to get the old heater out and the new in. Heater was in a small closet. While there I ask if I can use the bathroom and the HO says no, the toilet is plugged. I offer to take care of it and he says no, It has been plugged for about a week and that eventually it will soften up and be able to be flushed.

What will tomorrow hold for me?
    Wisconsinites! Whadja expect? (Probably Packer fans to boot)

You know, the guy may have been embarrassed with the stool in his stool.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

i say he just didnt want you to use it
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
        i say he just didnt want you to use it
        Really? That's a bummer of a thought.

Comment

I had a simple mainline to clear but...Of course I was in the back of the house and then this.I found a toilet to pull.The owner wanted to pull it himself to save a few bucks...and broke it.
          Attached Files

Comment

The toilet had a full load in it, also had to repair a shower valve in the bathroom with the plugged toilet.

Comment

I had one of those days today too. Simple kitchen sink stoppage for my first call. Went into the basement to have a look and no clean out. Galvanized drain pipe down into the basement floor and then across basement to the stack. I said ok no problem I can get it, the snake will reach the main no problem.
              I get it down to about 30 feet and it's stuck. I mean it's so stuck it aint coming out. Tried all the tricks, ended up getting pretty bruised up. Black chit all over the kitchen and myself etc. etc.
              Went back into the basement with the sawzall and cut out a section of the galvy pipe before it went into the basement floor. Thank goodness my cable was there and didn't run up the vent! Wheew.
              I was able to get the cable out. Covered from head to toe in black gook. Had to remove all the cable from above and below and then pull off the section of galvy that was still stuck on the cable. Put the cable back in the snake, cleared the stoppage. Found a mass of spaghetti roots right at the main, a lot of them, Installed a clean out. Went back upstairs to clean up the mess and put it back together.
              Ok, two hours into this now. Turn on the kitchen sink and it's still stopped up!
              Pulled my new clean out cap in the basement, dry.
              Snaked up and got a good shower of more black gook.
              I was wet, muddy black, I stunk, and I still had three more jobs after this one.
              I charged for every second, the shower I was going to need, the cable I destroyed, etc. etc. All in all it was a good job for a MONDAY! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                Found a mass of spaghetti roots right at the main, a lot of them, ......
                Snaked up and got a good shower of more black gook.
                I was wet, muddy black, I stunk, and I still had three more jobs after this one.
                Sewer Spaghetti with black sauce. Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                  Sewer Spaghetti with black sauce. Yum.

Sometimes I wonder why I even still do stoppages but then again up here on the Range in the small towns it's all I get on some days so...... it's work. A lot of times I wish I still lived and worked in a busy area like you have, like I used to have when I lived out west. But then again I live and work in Gods Country now right??????, love it up here.

Comment

Working...
                  X