X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flooding basement

my best freind who is in Kuwait and lives in NH hase a small problem every year when the snow melts they get water in basement that comes up threw cracks in foundation floor now they have no sump pump which amazess me cause the house is only 8 years old the driveway runs down and ends in front of there 2 car garage which walks into there basement .what I plan on doing to help and please dont hold back if you think im wrong cause I want this fixed thats why I am here but I am going to break the floor inside all around the inside parimeter off wall about 6" and about 10"-12" deep and lay drain tile and add a sump pit in front of garage I am going to ad a troff drain the hole length of the 2 car garage and also tie into sump pit I have pics that I left for you to see please feel free to add sugestions I plan on running 2 M98 zollers on a SJE rombus panel for duplex pump as I no theres a lot of water
    Attached Files
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Re: flooding basement

garage pics me and my wife were there for the last 3 weeks helping out his wife when I found out about the problem oh well now its my turn to fix being the builder didnt do it right
    Attached Files
    Last edited by post plumber; 03-15-2011, 02:57 PM.
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Well it beats digging outside on the entire foundation wall and putting in weeping tiles out there...I say hit it...
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Is the water coming in through the garage door? You might want to get a trench drain across the front of the garage to catch that water. Since it seems to be a seasonal thing I'd look at the downspouts and grading around the house before I busted half the basement out.

Comment

It's that time of year again with extra snow adding to the melt off plus rain coming tonight and tomorrow. It's a good plan we have a lot of French drain systems in place to help control basement flooding.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Sorry didn't see you were already doing the trench dain

Comment

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I would not have the trench drain gong into the sump pit in the basement. That may add to much water to it. A lot of what you are doing has been happening here in west Mi. our water tables have gone up to 1950 and 1960 levels. So from my experience it should work fine. There is a franchise company doing some of this and I believe they have the best system on the market. they don't use drain tile or sock tile. It looks like a gutter with holes in the top and they put access to clean the gutter at convinient points. It looks like a great system that will last for ever, but heck tile will last a long time in most cases. I would set it up for jetting in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I would not have the trench drain gong into the sump pit in the basement. That may add to much water to it. A lot of what you are doing has been happening here in west Mi. our water tables have gone up to 1950 and 1960 levels. So from my experience it should work fine. There is a franchise company doing some of this and I believe they have the best system on the market. they don't use drain tile or sock tile. It looks like a gutter with holes in the top and they put access to clean the gutter at convinient points. It looks like a great system that will last for ever, but heck tile will last a long time in most cases. I would set it up for jetting in the future.
                You don't think two Zoeller m98's could keep up with the demand of a trench drain?? Its a pretty good pump...IDK
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                  It's that time of year again with extra snow adding to the melt off plus rain coming tonight and tomorrow. It's a good plan we have a lot of French drain systems in place to help control basement flooding.
                  ya you aint kiding about extra snow this year they allready had 4 1/2 feet of snow when we got there and within 4 days NH got a nother 3' in 2 days I was in heaven exept for the part that my 4 wheel drive stped working 1/2 way there on the trip in the midle of an sleat storm but it was easy to fix a little moter on the transfer case 3 10m bollts an 2 electrical conectors 15minuts it was fixed and $140.00 oh well what do you expect I have a 99 F-250 7.3 PSD with 175000 shes 12 years old but also no paiments and the deiesel wil run forever lost track of what I was saying but 3 days be for we left the outside temp went from below freezing to above 60 and they got 3 1/2" of rain in 1 day thats when lake michagen came in there basement
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                    if I was only adding 1 pump I would say yes but a zoeller m98 can pump 72 gal at 5' of head or 61 at 10 feet of head and I'm running them in a duplex with a sje rumbbis panel so if 1 pump does get over wellmed the second will kick in and thats over a 100 gall a min thats a ton of water they dont have that much comeing down driveway not to mentchion witch I forgot there driveway is gravel so water doesnt flow streaight down it gradualy comes down
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

We still have a ton of snow up here too. Once it rains "By the way it's snowing again" were going to have flooded basements galore
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                        We still have a ton of snow up here too. Once it rains "By the way it's snowing again" were going to have flooded basements galore
                        more $$$ I just got another jackhamer frome HD rental its only a makita but there still a good name and he gave me 4 bits with it and I only paied $315.00 out the door I couldn't pass it by its the same size as the bosch breaker I just wish it had both handls up higher like the bosch but I havent used it yet so we will see I did test it and the guy from HD said it was only rented 9 times but they were sent new ones and told to get rid of them so my gain
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by post plumber; 03-16-2011, 09:37 AM.
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                          more $$$ I just got another jackhamer frome HD rental its only a makita but there still a good name and he gave me 4 bits with it and I only paied $315.00 out the door I couldn't pass it by its the same size as the bosch breaker I just wish it had both handls up higher like the bosch but I havent used it yet so we will see I did test it and the guy from HD said it was only rented 9 times but they were sent new ones and told to get rid of them so my gain

Thats a hell of a deal..You will make money with that for sure
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I don't like inside trench drains unless it is the only possible way. You are just creating a drain inside a way to collect it. Best to stop it from getting inside in the first place. I like the garage trench drain they do well and look good. After that is fixed can a footing drain bet set outside the foundation at the footings? Or is it surface water that needs a french drain near the soil surface?
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                              I don't like inside trench drains unless it is the only possible way. You are just creating a drain inside a way to collect it. Best to stop it from getting inside in the first place. I like the garage trench drain they do well and look good. After that is fixed can a footing drain bet set outside the foundation at the footings? Or is it surface water that needs a french drain near the soil surface?
                              on the inside my plane was to brake up the floor and digg down 10" and install drain tile all around the house on inside parimater not a trench drain in side if I am reading you right it will be a drain tile with sock not coragated drain tile eather as so in futer if needed it can be rodded as I will have C/O on line at every 90 over kill but I'm a service plumber and I think ahead
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                              X