Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Theft of Serviced Rendered

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
    i say a 3/4" copper pipe filled with lead across his knees at night where he cant see you lol
    LOL My wife said it took a lot for her to not grab the Sig 556 and a mask last night...

My buddy who works at the water department said he would gladly go take out his meter and call it a "clerical error" on a work order...

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    This one is tough because people are closer in Hawai'i then other places. If he's local then you're much know your name just got shot down. Maybe get credit card reader and go with that. Sorry to hear.
    LOL, that was the one funny part about my argument with him. I'm not sure what island you're from but this guy had one of those "Maui names" he called himself Kaya but his name on the check was Mario. So he was some transplant, and he was popolo so he figured that since his skin was dark he could pass himself off a local and get away with calling me a dumb haole. I almost fell on the ground lauging when he called me a dumb haole with a wanna be pigeon accent. I think that got him upset.

I have great ratings on google places and I am well known, unlike my client I did grow up here. So I'm not too worried about one wanna be local ruining my reputation.
    Last edited by mpm; 03-20-2011, 09:48 PM.
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
      LOL My wife said it took a lot for her to not grab the Sig 556 and a mask last night...
      I have a Sig 556 as well, but have not shot it yet. Love the rifle though, as I'm eager to get out this spring and squeeze off 500 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
        hydraulic cement in their cleanout
        Women's softball down the clean-out...
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post

LOL, that was the one funny part about my argument with him. I'm not sure what island you're from but this guy had one of those "Maui names" he called himself Kaya but his name on the check was Mario. So he was some transplant, and he was popolo so he figured that since his skin was dark he could pass himself off a local and get away with calling me a dumb haole. I almost fell on the ground lauging when he called me a dumb haole with a wanna be pigeon accent. I think that got him upset.

I have great ratings on google places and I am well known, unlike my client I did grow up here. So I'm not too worried about one wanna be local ruining my reputation.
          I'm from Wahiawa, Oahu and taking a look at your website I don't think you have anything to worry about him ruining your name.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

mpm:

If 99.5% of your customers checks are good why would you change your policy and potentially irritate your customers for a relatively small loss like this?

If you have the time and are inclined. (I would be just to prove a point) Take him to small claims court. You will win and I'm thinking you will more than likely get your money.

Why not also consider accepting checks from regular customers and use some sort of check guarantee service on the checks from people you potentially don't trust?
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I got one hiding from a $250.00 post dated.He ain't answering his phone.Neither is his ..."Partner".

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                mpm:

If 99.5% of your customers checks are good why would you change your policy and potentially irritate your customers for a relatively small loss like this?

If you have the time and are inclined. (I would be just to prove a point) Take him to small claims court. You will win and I'm thinking you will more than likely get your money.

Why not also consider accepting checks from regular customers and use some sort of check guarantee service on the checks from people you potentially don't trust?
                I guess because of the headache it caused. I don't want to have to deal with it again. A check from a business could bounce too but I think are less likely.

I was already thinking of not accepting personal checks to avoid this same situation before it even happened. I already have a merchant service. I used to prefer checks because of the % charged by merchant services.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                I'm from Wahiawa, Oahu and taking a look at your website I don't think you have anything to worry about him ruining your name.
                That's by Wheeler AFB right? I love O'ahu, my ol man did his apprenticeship there, lived in Nanakuli / Waianae area.

Me and my Wife are going over there this weekend. We love to walk up and down Kuhio and Kalakaua and eat at all the different places. Maui gets kinda boring for eating out...

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                I have a Sig 556 as well, but have not shot it yet. Love the rifle though, as I'm eager to get out this spring and squeeze off 500 rounds.
                OMG, its awesome!! I so perfer it over my AR-15, even though its a little more front heavy because of the gas piston. It has a softer recoil and its built much better than any AR-15 out there. Someone at the range told me the DOD just got a contract with SIG for the select fire version of the 556.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                between the post office and your customer, it's been a bad month...
                Not to mention the transmission on my truck... but actually its been a pretty good month business wise. So busy that my wife has to fly me to another island to get me to stop working...
                Last edited by mpm; 03-21-2011, 01:48 AM.
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I hate people that are like that. But I guess it's just one of the losses we have to take from time to time. At least it wasn't a larger amount, but it's really the principle of the matter.
                  Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Here we can have people arrested for theft of services if they refuse to pay, as well as put a lien on the property.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Use the legal system

I've covered this subject well... never communicate through the direction of a bad check situation unless there is a court system in the middle of the equation.

You make this decision after waiting 5 days when the check bounces, no contact made.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

The problem with taking credit cards is they can dispute the charges: "still leaking," "damaged the wall/floor," "just as bad as before," "not working properly" . . .

Comment

Originally posted by buyfield View Post
                          The problem with taking credit cards is they can dispute the charges: "still leaking," "damaged the wall/floor," "just as bad as before," "not working properly" . . .
                          They can put a stop payment on a check for the same above reasons. But they must give you a chance to correct the problem, or turn over any damages you may have done to your insurance. Then they must make the check good again.

They can not put a stop payment or dispute charges with a CC company if they feel you over charged them on labor though. Another note, stop payments must be renewed every year. So if the person that put the stop payment on the check does not renew the stop payment you can cash the check. If the banks come up with the check is stale dated you tel them bull**** they will honor a post dated check if its being cashed sooner than the post date. We have a book of banking laws that all banks must follow, and one of them is there is no such thing as a stale dated check unless its printed clearly on the check, that it will be void after a set amount of time after the check was issued.
                          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                          X