X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProPress Systems

I'd appreciate some input from this board regarding Labor Calculations when using this system.

Hopefully similar to the PHCC Labor Calculator.

In additon, I'd like to know what kinds of markups you might be using on the fittings.

ArizonaPlumber,
    Check out our ProPress section of the forum There have been a few threads about what you are looking for. Here is a direct link to one of them.

http://www.ridgid.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000012.html

Later, Josh

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber:
      I'd appreciate some input from this board regarding Labor Calculations when using this system.

Hopefully similar to the PHCC Labor Calculator.

In additon, I'd like to know what kinds of markups you might be using on the fittings.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ArizonaPlumber:

Since ProPress is a new technology in the U.S., organizations like the PHCC have not yet developed labor standards (it typically takes 18-24 months to do so).

In the meantime, let me offer you the following comments:

-Conservatively, contractors usually reduce their labor by one-third. Often this grows toward a one-half reduction in labor as the users become efficient with the new process.

-Installing the ProPress system eliminates the time-consuming steps of cleaning, fluxing and soldering, and adds the crimping process which requires seconds. The steps of cleaning, fluxing and soldering can comprise up to a labor standard. So, for instance, if you use 0.3 man hours from the PHCC's Labor Calculator to make a 2" connection, you will eliminate 0.2 man hours because you don't need to clean, flux or solder. Each contractor is developing the amount of time that they believe they need to add back to crimp with ProPress, but its obviously nowhere near the amount of time to clean, flux and solder.

I am curious, what is your source for labor standards? Do you use software to bid your jobs? Which one do you use?

Thanks for your input!

Ed McKiernan

Comment

Working...
      X