Technicians pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technicians pay

Just curious not looking for $ amounts but just curious if you guys pay commision and do you pay on gross or net profit ? Do you pay full commision on parts or reduced comm on parts? Thanks

Re: Technicians pay

I have found that guys that make commission tend to hard sell and use a lot of scare tactics on customers, Not the way I do business... May be a bit naive but if you pay a good wage and give a good bonus even if it is a monthly bonus and tie it to performance (number of calls / cost per call / callback ratio) and customer service as opposed to sales you will get and keep the right kind of Tech.

Comment

I agree with OkieBill on this one. I would still pay per hour but add an incentive program like bonuses or gain sharing instead. I like the idea of gain sharing, its like profit sharing only a bit different. Its a pay out only on gains made over the previous year. It motivates people not to just sell more which isn't the point but to be a better company overall. But this is where you must educate your employees on why you have these incentive programs. Not to sell more but to do better and generate more work.
      Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
      Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
        I agree with OkieBill on this one. I would still pay per hour but add an incentive program like bonuses or gain sharing instead. I like the idea of gain sharing, its like profit sharing only a bit different. Its a pay out only on gains made over the previous year. It motivates people not to just sell more which isn't the point but to be a better company overall. But this is where you must educate your employees on why you have these incentive programs. Not to sell more but to do better and generate more work.
        Ray, your post and Okie's post are great examples of why I read these threads. I had never heard or thought of the concept of "gain sharing".

Thanks!!
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
        X