Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do We Need A Grease Trap?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Do We Need A Grease Trap?

    Sorry about the quality of pic...my phone stinks...I asked where the grease trap was and they said why would we need a grease trap, all the drains already have traps. BTW all the tee's (which you can't see are pressure tee's). Keep in mind this is at a fraternity with enginering students.
    Attached Files
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

    Derek

  • #2
    Re: Why Do We Need A Grease Trap?

    Does each sink have a trap and also another trap before going into the wall? Is that a requirement in your State?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why Do We Need A Grease Trap?

      Originally posted by dcman View Post
      Keep in mind this is at a fraternity with engineering students.
      LOL. That would explain the redundancy.
      Even down here on the 27th parallel (where the codes are slack),
      direct piping for a 3-comp. sink won't fly. Need a floor sink and air gap.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why Do We Need A Grease Trap?

        One of our customers said this after I pulled the snake head out covered in hard white grease.
        "We don't need a grease trap all we do is make coffee and maybe a few cheese burgers on Tuesdays."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why Do We Need A Grease Trap?

          Tell em' this is why
          Attached Files
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why Do We Need A Grease Trap?

            Originally posted by ironranger View Post
            Does each sink have a trap and also another trap before going into the wall? Is that a requirement in your State?
            Absolutely not...its the college kids living there...yes each sink is trapped and trapped at the wall..Like BIG JIM its supposed to have an air gap out of the sinks then trapped...

            Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
            LOL. That would explain the redundancy.
            Even down here on the 27th parallel (where the codes are slack),
            direct piping for a 3-comp. sink won't fly. Need a floor sink and air gap.
            It used to be direct piping but not now...air gap..but the college houses don't get inspections by the city...

            Originally posted by myakka View Post
            One of our customers said this after I pulled the snake head out covered in hard white grease.


            "We don't need a grease trap all we do is make coffee and maybe a few cheese burgers on Tuesdays."
            This one is was that nice black Mississippi Mud Mush in the system...
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

            Derek

            Comment

            Working...
            X