X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tub filled from the Ceiling?

I saw a tub spout that came out of the ceiling (high end home). Yes- the tub was filled from water come out of the ceiling spout. I found this bizzarre...Never seen it before. I can't believe the water would stay hot dropping 9-10 feet to the tub. Am I living in the dark ages or is this a popular new tread in high-end homes?

Re: Tub filled from the Ceiling?

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
    I saw a tub spout that came out of the ceiling (high end home). Yes- the tub was filled from water come out of the ceiling spout. I found this bizzarre...Never seen it before. I can't believe the water would stay hot dropping 9-10 feet to the tub. Am I living in the dark ages or is this a popular new tread in high-end homes?
    Can you believe the water stays hot out of a showerhead from 9-10 feet with smaller streams of water?

Comment

Yah, but my face/head is very near to the showerhead (in my case less that 12 inches), not 10 feet from it.

Comment

Here's the link to the video:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1928995/

Comment

Dang Candidans and their new confounded ways!!
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Yah, but my face/head is very near to the showerhead (in my case less that 12 inches), not 10 feet from it.
            Do you only wash your face/head? Think about it.

Comment

I think that's a Kohler.

Comment

Dunno, I think that is pretty kewl, but not for me. Would not at all be surprised to see it take off in the higher end market. But you never know, they are always coming out with new stuff, that works for a time as a fad then disappears. Anyone remember urinals for women?

Comment

Saw this maybe 3-4 years ago in a showroom. The stream barely made a splash in a filled whirlpool. The water would spill over the edge into a trough that circled the whirlpool. Very cool, stylish, expensive.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

A long time ago when I was an apprentice we worked in this McMansion in the upper class area here for a bloke who sold shoes. pretty expensive shoes mind you. The maste ensuite had a bath sunk into the floor which was all marble tiling and the shower heads were from the ceiling. Cant remember a lot becasue it was so long ago but the bathroom itself was nearly the size of a standard living room area. This is before plasma tvs were invented too but I guarantee he could of had room for a small theatre in there as well. Money may buya lot but it cant buy happiness although the testosterone might cause a temporay blur on this statement.

Comment

aiming these is a treat Kohler makes them. park city lots of high end homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        I think that's a Kohler.
                        Most likely, I have installed one in California, and there are two houses here that have them. The ones here were both Kohler. Cool look, but had to ask, why? The homeowner said, because we could. I said good enough for me, Here is your bill.
                        "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

chemster

ooookkkk. next time you are in shower turn the water to max hot, now stick your foot under it see how much it cools. i would tell you to do it with scalding water, but you never did anything to piss me off. so don't, well you can if you want. breid............

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            Saw this maybe 3-4 years ago in a showroom. The stream barely made a splash in a filled whirlpool. The water would spill over the edge into a trough that circled the whirlpool. Very cool, stylish, expensive.

Yep, installed one years ago...You better be perfectly level on that tub all the way ..
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Guess I gotta raise my tank temp up a little if I get a ceiling drop. My tank is set at 125oF

Comment

Working...
                              X