• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbing-Official Definition

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Kids are a blast!! At seven I'm not surprised he's more interested in making cool shapes with fittings than paying attention to you doing actual piping.

When the kids were younger I cut a bunch of 3/4 pvc pipe into lengths of various sizes and gave the kids a bunch of 3/4 pvc pressure fittings so they could make designs of their own. They were interested for about ten minutes.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

when i'm using yellow hdpe and butt fusing, if i have extra 3/4'' pipe, i'll make the kids indestructible hula hoops

you can run them over with a car and not damage them.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

First work I can remember doing was at around age 14 or 15. Our house had a in-ground sprinkler system that had not been used in many years. When my parents bought the house we weren't even aware of it but we kept finding the heads in the lawn and then in the basement we found the meter hookup, it had a separate 1" meter for the sprinkler. We got service and a meter installed and located all the heads we could find. Turns out there were a few missing which had fallen to the mower blades over the years. We also found that a ~8 ft section of 2" main was missing from when a new cesspool was put in before we bought the place (this is back int he early 60s mind you). So that was my first plumbing work. replacing that piece of missing 2" galv pipe. Had to cut two threads in the ditch and install a coupling and union. After that we flushed out the whole system and replaced the missing heads. From then on it was my job to maintain the system, draining it every fall and starting it up in the spring, as well as adjusting the heads or clearing any clogs. I remember that there would be scale that would break loose and clog the heads on occasion, from sitting idle for so long no doubt. We had no way to flush the line other than with city water pressure. It was a good project for me which I did mostly by myself. Borrowed a pair of 36s and a pipe dies from the guy down the street and he coached me on what needed to be done.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            when i'm using yellow hdpe and butt fusing, if i have extra 3/4'' pipe, i'll make the kids indestructible hula hoops

you can run them over with a car and not damage them.

rick.
            Rick, 1/2 and 3/4 pex with crimp fittings work well also.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dhdc View Post
              cute daughter but seriously, are you nuts?????

8 days old and getting her that close to the machinery that runs
              through sewer drains???? yikes

maybe you are trying to build up her immune system????

I dont even let my kids hug me when I get back from a plumbing/drain cleaning job. I go straight to the shower then come out to the family.
              But he's wearing gloves...

Comment

Originally posted by dhdc View Post
                cute daughter but seriously, are you nuts?????

8 days old and getting her that close to the machinery that runs
                through sewer drains???? yikes

maybe you are trying to build up her immune system????

I dont even let my kids hug me when I get back from a plumbing/drain cleaning job. I go straight to the shower then come out to the family.
                I figure he's doing good if he doesn't use the snake to blend her food up and feed her! She won't get sick by being near a sewer machine. There are more germs in a grocery store.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

try a hospital. i see people there that let their kids play on the floors. all ages. i was learned about this at mayo. the nurse told in no uncertain terms not to be picking anything up from the floor................ leave rick alone he has his gloves on, he's safe. lol. breid................

Comment

Working...
                  X