Liberty sewage pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberty sewage pump

Guys gotta install a liberty 380 pro series sewage pump and pit.

It is tank and pump combo deal,It has a 4/10 hp motor,Has any one installed these before,And are they any good for a bathroom,Cheers guys.

Re: Liberty sewage pump

Yep, good stuff. Install a lot of Liberty pumps
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Yep, good stuff. Install a lot of Liberty pumps
      Thank you for the quick responce,Can they handle a bathtub ok,And I take it they are dependable,With your reply.
      Thanks again,

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
        It is tank and pump combo deal,It has a 4/10 hp motor,Has any one installed these before,And are they any good for a bathroom,Cheers guys.
        Me personally, I would never install a 4/10 hp sewage ejector pump.

4/10 hp = a mistake imo.

1/2 hp - is perfect for your situation.

3/4 hp - might be a bit much

1 hp - you're kicking a$$

1 1/2 hp - you will have enough power to throw $hit across yours and your neighbor's property.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          Me personally, I would never install a 4/10 hp sewage ejector pump.

4/10 hp = a mistake imo.

1/2 hp - is perfect for your situation.

3/4 hp - might be a bit much

1 hp - you're kicking a$$

1 1/2 hp - you will have enough power to throw $hit across yours and your neighbor's property.
          Thank you,From the bottom of the 2ft pit to where it ties in is no more than 10 ft almost straight up,
          With practically no horizontal run,
          So you reckon that the liberty 4/10 hp is not enough then,Cheers for your input.

Comment

Thank you,From the bottom of the 2ft pit to where it ties in is no more than 10 ft almost straight up,
            With practically no horizontal run,
            So you reckon that the liberty 4/10 hp is not enough then,Cheers for your input.
            I probably shouldn't of used the word "mistake" when it comes to the 4/10 hp pump. I'm sure it's adequate enough to do what you want to do there. I think a better use of words should of been " bottom of the line pump". It's just personal preference and nothing more.

Think of it like this..

People complain all the time that a 1/3 hp garbage disposal is crap and doesn't grind or have the power of a 1/2 hp garbage disposal and above.

If someone wants us to install a sewer ejector system, I'm going to give them a better pump is all. I'm not going to throw in the bottom of the line pump just to put more money in my pocket.

Comment

I probably shouldn't of used the word "mistake" when it comes to the 4/10 hp pump. I'm sure it's adequate enough to do what you want to do there. I think a better use of words should of been " bottom of the line pump". It's just personal preference and nothing more.

Think of it like this..

People complain all the time that a 1/3 hp garbage disposal is crap and doesn't grind or have the power of a 1/2 hp garbage disposal and above.

If someone wants us to install a sewer ejector system, I'm going to give them a better pump is all. I'm not going to throw in the bottom of the line pump just to put more money in my pocket.
              Thanks again the horse power seems good enough tho right,Just a poor pump then,How about a myers pump ,Not a pump expert thank you

Comment

Thanks again the horse power seems good enough tho right,Just a poor pump then,How about a myers pump ,Not a pump expert thank you
                I'm not saying it's a "poor pump" as in name brand. I'm just saying I don't like using 4/10 hp pumps by any manufacture.

Pump wise, you can't go wrong with..

- Liberty

- Zoeller

- Hydromatic

- Myers

Some guys like "little giant" pumps, but I'm always afraid to use them on Sewage pits.

Comment

HP in pumps has more to do with how high the lift is. in 95% of residential situations a 4/10 hp pump will work fine. A 1/2 hp is not that much better. I have installed many 4/10 hp Hydromatic, and Liberty pumps with out any complaints.

To the OP the system you are installing is a great setup. It will handle everything you need for your application.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    HP in pumps has more to do with how high the lift is. in 95% of residential situations a 4/10 hp pump will work fine. A 1/2 hp is not that much better. I have installed many 4/10 hp Hydromatic, and Liberty pumps with out any complaints.

To the OP the system you are installing is a great setup. It will handle everything you need for your application.
                    You're partially correct, but in this instance the impeller is much better on the 1/2 hp versus the 4/10, and that's just as important as the lift. One is corrosion resistant and the other is not.

There is about a $40.00 difference in price between both models.

Comment

You're partially correct, but in this instance the impeller is much better on the 1/2 hp versus the 4/10, and that's just as important as the lift. One is corrosion resistant and the other is not.

There is about a $40.00 difference in price between both models.
                      Thanks again but I dont think there is a 1/2 hp in this combo outfit,
                      Ill shop around,Thanks for input,

Comment

Thanks again but I dont think there is a 1/2 hp in this combo outfit,
                        Ill shop around,Thanks for input,
                        There is.. here is the model number for that package. P382LE51

Comment

Just installed a 370 series with 1hp motor. I love it all in one system plus liberty made it super easy to lift out the pump. My wholesaler showed me this one and I was sold instantly! Great system and great price (even with the air freight )
                          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

I always like to put a high level alarm on these systems. I will pay for its self if the pump ever fails. Liberty makes a quality pump.

Comment

Plus one on a high level alarm, it will save you much grief if the pump ever "craps out"

Comment

Working...
                              X