k-6200 cable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-6200 cable?

Can this machine be loaded with a 3/4 cable?

ACCORDING TO THE SPECS, NO. I CHECKED THE PARTS BREAK DOWN AND THE AUTO FEED IS A DIFFERENT PART# FROM THE 7500 MACHINE.BUT THERE IS A OPTIONAL PART# IT SHOWS FOR AN AUTO FEED WHICH IS THE SAME AS THE 7500 MACHINE. IT'S PART #60032. LOOKS SIMILAR FROM THE PHOTO. THE 7500 CAN USE BOTH THE 5/8'' AND 3/4'' CABLES. IF THE DRUM WILL HOLD 100' OF 5/8'', IT PROBABLY WILL HOLD 75' OF 3/4''. THE MOTOR IS THE SAME 4/10 HP. UNIVERSAL GEAR REDUCED. THE 6200 WILL RUN A 3800 DRUM FOR 1/2'' AND 3/8'' CABLE.

Comment

Thanks Rick.

Comment

Piper & Rick,
        That listing of catalog number 60032 is incorrect. The 7500 power feed will not fit on the 6200. If one was to change the pigtail to a 3/4" and remove the two spacers out of the power feed (as one does on a 7500 to go to 3/4") they might be able to get a certain amount of cable in the drum. My main concern is that the radius of this drum and it's guide tube will be too tight, putting undue stress on the cable and making it very difficult to get the cable in and out of the drum. Just some things to consider and I hope this helps.

Adam

Comment

THANKS ADAM. I DON'T OWN THE 6200, JUST LOOKED UP THE PARTS BREAKDOWN. IS IT THE SAME POWER FEED AS THE 7500. SAME BOLT PATTERN? HOLLOW CORE CABLE WILL PROBABLY OVERCOME THE DRUM & GUIDE TUBE ISSUES.
          PIPERS OTHERS POSTING CONCERNING ROOTS LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT HE IS ATTEMPTING TO CLEAN OUT A ROOT FILLED PIPE WITH THIS MACHINE. THE PROPER USE OF CUTTERS AND CABLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. OF COURSE A CAMERA WILL MAKE LIFE SIMPLE. NO QUESTIONS TO PONDER.

THANKS AGAIN ADAM.

Comment

Actually Rick, the power feeds are pretty similar with one big exception. The rear support plate on the back of the power feed is different on the 6200. It has two cap screws that hold the drum in position when the power feed is locked on to the machine frame. So, I could theoretically place a 6200 power feed on the 7500 but I could not go the other way. I just checked with the designer of the machine and he informed me that the main problem would be the guide tube on the 6200 it would be too tight for 3/4" cable. Not so much the cable itself but at the points where the cables are connected together or at the pigtail. Sorry for being long winded and I hope this helps.

Adam

Comment

THANKS ADAM. ANYTIME YOU HAVE A COUPLING/ FASTNER ON THE CABLE THIS IS THE STIFF POINT AND ACTUALLY THE POINT OF KINKING. THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION.

Comment

Working...
              X