X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So frickin pi$$ed off! PART 2

Here's the first thread. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37132

Got a call today.

Ferrari guy "Gave you a few days to rethink your prices. What's your new price to jet the lines?"

Me "Before I answer that I must ask if it's common practice for you to procure the services from businesses and tell the owner how to run their business?"

Ferrari guy "So I take it that's a no on a better price"?

Wife in the background "I don't care what ben is asking for, you pay him, I'm tired of getting ripped off"

Me(acting like I didn't hear her) "Sir looking at my schedule it appears that I'm already booked for the whole month and wouldn't be able to fit you into my schedule. Since you have a serious problem that needs immediate attention, I would suggest looking in the phone book to find another plumber as I don't believe I'm the plumber to suit your needs. Thank you again for calling and have a nice day".

Ferrari guy "w...."

Didn't give him a chance and hung up. He didn't call back. Got my new jetter working, fixed an electrical problem in the van and closed the door on this guy. Very good day indeed.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: So frickin pi$$ed off! PART 2

LOL! When you were talking to Rick I said you should tell him you are busy and not available!
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I asked if he could talk, he said there wasn't anyone important there. Oh did I just type that out loud?! Silly me.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Shut up! I meant you should have told that to the ferari guy not Rick! You were just rude for no reason! I expect no less from you!
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

I want this guys phone number if you don't mind.He is making a mess in my area.You won't be revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Shut up! I meant you should have told that to the ferari guy not Rick! You were just rude for no reason! I expect no less from you!
            So maybe there was reason? Whatever.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              I asked if he could talk, he said there wasn't anyone important there. Oh did I just type that out loud?! Silly me.

I'm sorry but I must ask you refrain from picking on Joey(you know how she gets). She is very sensitive and I would hate for you to hurt her feelings (whatever).

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Not fair! You both took my "whatever" from me!
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I'm sorry but I must ask you refrain from picking on Joey(you know how she gets). She is very sensitive and I would hate for you to hurt her feelings (whatever).

Mark
                  See what I mean? Now she thinks she owns the English language

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Not a problem Mark.....whatever.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      See what I mean? Now she thinks she owns the English language

Mark
                      Not the whole English language! Just one word! Think I can copyright "whatever"?
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        Not the whole English language! Just one word! Think I can copyright "whatever"?
                        "Winning!"
                        Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                        Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Yes sir, I have re-thought and carefully considered my prices. I want to thank you for helping me realize I under-bid your job. From now on, jetting mains is a minimum of $350. If we jet more than 1 hour, it's an additional charge. Ben, try not to get mad. It's a game, guys like that are out there and don't mind pi$$ing people off or frustrating you to no end. Without getting into the old price debate, what is sewer jetting worth?? It's worth what someone is willing to pay. Your prices sound extremely reasonable for any area. On the second call, I would have given him an even higher estimate and wait for him to hang up on me. This guy may have shopped around already! Wait til he sees what the "big guys" will charge him to jet a line.

Comment

I love that you stuck to your guns and told him you were busy. Where does he get off with that "have you had time to re-think your prices" bs??!?!?!?!

I sincerely hope he gets ripped off
                            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I love it when the shoppers ring to get a price on a blocked sewer and then ring around and phone back when they realize yours is a fair price and I tell them I am not interested in clearing their sewer and good bye.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X