Clear All

• hack

Galvy into ABS.....with ABS cement holding it all together

Ideal Plumbing

Re: hack

....so...pretty...

Comment

See I knew your working in my area...very nice...I knew you don't have to ferncos....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I'm just wondering how long that joint actually help up before it started leaking.
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Good picture.

Comment

a couple months back, i had a homeowner bring me in to install a toto neorest $$$ toilet/ bidet. she didn't trust the general contractor for good reasons.

of course while i was there she had me snake out a new pedestal lav they installed the ruff on. the lav was connected to the tub vent that was well over 50 years old with durham fittings and vent 90's. not only was it too small for wet venting, it was plugged solid. they went and removed the abs fittings from the gal vent line so i could access the line.

then it got interesting they actually used a 1.5'' abs tee with the gal pipe shoved into the abs socket and a 2'' x 1.5'' n.h band holding all together the 2'' was banded on the od of the hub

of course soon after that fiasco, the home owner fired them and who knows what is behind the walls of the tub, shower and other lav

i know i took a couple photos, i just need to dig them out of my phone

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
              I'm just wondering how long that joint actually help up before it started leaking.
              Probably alot longer than you would think..it amazes me how long it won't leak...
              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                a couple months back, i had a homeowner bring me in to install a toto neorest $$$ toilet/ bidet. she didn't trust the general contractor for good reasons.

of course while i was there she had me snake out a new pedestal lav they installed the ruff on. the lav was connected to the tub vent that was well over 50 years old with durham fittings and vent 90's. not only was it too small for wet venting, it was plugged solid. they went and removed the abs fittings from the gal vent line so i could access the line.

then it got interesting they actually used a 1.5'' abs tee with the gal pipe shoved into the abs socket and a 2'' x 1.5'' n.h band holding all together the 2'' was banded on the od of the hub

of course soon after that fiasco, the home owner fired them and who knows what is behind the walls of the tub, shower and other lav

i know i took a couple photos, i just need to dig them out of my phone

rick.
                WOW. At least the hacks around me have enough sense to use a no-hub coupling, though most plumbers scratch their head when it comes to using the approved adapter fitting on PVC that is needed to comply with code.

Comment

our supply houses here hadn't ever heard of such a thing. It amazes me that our inspectors are as ignorant as they are.
                  they even let people use regular stud guards rather than nail plates

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                  WOW. At least the hacks around me have enough sense to use a no-hub coupling, though most plumbers scratch their head when it comes to using the approved adapter fitting on PVC that is needed to comply with code.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

A fernco in boiling water would of made that connection water tight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zeAiAx1_Uo
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                    X