X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like such a nucklehead

Home for lunch, from a small job of remounting a toilet that was leaking from base. This is a 3 year old townhome in a relatively expensive part of town. When I went to shut off the water, I noticed a pvc push on stop. Well not having worked with these worthless hunks of junk before, I proceeded to try to turn the darn thing off, but the handle kept turning in my hand (are you laughing already????). Hell, not until I looked them up on the web that I discovered that you "push for ON and pull for OFF". Not only do they push on, but they really push on! or visa versa..........

Re: I feel like such a nucklehead

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Home for lunch, from a small job of remounting a toilet that was leaking from base. This is a 3 year old townhome in a relatively expensive part of town. When I went to shut off the water, I noticed a pvc push on stop. Well not having worked with these worthless hunks of junk before, I proceeded to try to turn the darn thing off, but the handle kept turning in my hand (are you laughing already????). Hell, not until I looked them up on the web that I discovered that you "push for ON and pull for OFF". Not only do they push on, but they really push on! or visa versa..........
    Ha...not too bad...we call that a Senior moment in time!!!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Brain Fart. Been there done that...

Comment

try figuring out some of the new faucet handles. prying off the little button to find out it doesn't have a screw under it

some of the grohe are snap on handles, some deltas are a combination estucion/ handle, others are set screws and others are a mystery

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          try figuring out some of the new faucet handles. prying off the little button to find out it doesn't have a screw under it

some of the grohe are snap on handles, some deltas are a combination estucion/ handle, others are set screws and others are a mystery

rick.
          Been there....often. Danze faucets are my favorite. It seems no 2 faucets disassemble the same way.

Comment

Don't worry. Been there before. Rebuilt a toilet one time and had a steady leak at the tank. Hmmm, brand new everything, what gives. After taking everything apart for the 3rd time, I saw there were 2 tank to toilet washers stuck together by grease. They were so thin I never picked up on it.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
            X