X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st Watts 210-5 Auto Gas Shut off valve

Installed an earthquake shut off valve today. and this is what I find at the W.HTR. A strange looking Tee where the T.+P. should Be !
    And I can't believe It's plumbed with flex gas line tieng back to the Gas feed W.T.F. !! Thanks Adam and Scott for the explanation. The Mech. room was on a slab surrounded by carpet and pretty stuff. There was no area drain. I'm not a Watts Virgin any more. Is this code here in N.Ca. Does this 60 P.S.I. Water fill up all the gas lines in the home If the Watts blows ??? Thanks in advance.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: My 1st Watts 210-5 Auto Gas Shut off valve

let me know when you need some. i have a whole case of them and they're not legal anymore in l.a.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

What led to that decision Rick ??
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

water getting into gas lines

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          water getting into gas lines

rick.
          Thanks ,think I'll pass. Any good ideas on eliminating the Watts and getting the water out. Hate to suggest a concrete rip up. But I could use My borsit for 20 ft.and put in a floor drain! What You think?

Comment

Saw my first and only one about 4 months ago. I got rid of that quick. I had a pic of the whole setup and the expert plumbing that went with it, but I ended up deleting it for some reason. Something like 10 feet of stainless gas flex and a gas line dangling sideways in front of the heater.
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
              Saw my first and only one about 4 months ago. I got rid of that quick. I had a pic of the whole setup and the expert plumbing that went with it, but I ended up deleting it for some reason. Something like 10 feet of stainless gas flex and a gas line dangling sideways in front of the heater.
              That's exactly what is on this heater. 1st I have to give a price for
              the area drained bored and plumbed. Where did You run the blow off to ?

Comment

Working...
              X