X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market for it here?

Wonder if there is one? (I know, I know, TTI Milwaukee copy....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iF4u...feature=relmfu

J.C.

Re: Market for it here?

I'm sure Rick already has at least 3 of them. It's heavy, cumbersome, won't cut anything larger than 1 1/2" and looks to me to be a "who cares" waste of money.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      I'm sure Rick already has at least 3 of them. It's heavy, cumbersome, won't cut anything larger than 1 1/2" and looks to me to be a "who cares" waste of money.
      I can't think of a place for it other than production line work for making an end product that uses piping.

I just use the ratchet cutters. Pretty soon they'll have us all so weak from just pulling triggers we won't stand a chance in a bar fight with electricians.

J.C.

Comment

Your sawzaw and hack saw does the same thing. Noone uses it in MD area. Keep your triceps big , I love the hacksaw.
        The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

interesting find jc.

looks like it's built and designed after the propress body. which tells me more switzerland than china

i wonder if they plan on selling it here in the u.s. market

i know we looked at a different design at the second roundup and was not impressed with it. this one is a ridgid/ propress design and looks much more presentable than the first design.

like the charging feature that allows you to use it while plugged in.

did you catch the capacity. 50mm/ 2''
          phoebe it is

Comment

The pipe he was cutting does much better with a sawzaw or hacksaw , it wasn't cpvc .
            The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              interesting find jc.

looks like it's built and designed after the propress body. which tells me more switzerland than china

i wonder if they plan on selling it here in the u.s. market

i know we looked at a different design at the second roundup and was not impressed with it. this one is a ridgid/ propress design and looks much more presentable than the first design.

like the charging feature that allows you to use it while plugged in.

did you catch the capacity. 50mm/ 2''
              It rolls on the screen 3mm-42mm. I'm not smart enough to do the math conversion.

J.C.

Comment

Lorena Bobbit PC-40

Interesting!

Would of been a sold item instantly if it turned the pipe.

That can cause a pipe to explode in cold weather, or pipe that's aged and starting to harden.

I use their first non-battery type model. Lots of work to cut the heavier gauge tubular pvc but the 1.25" is easy to cut, given it is thinner.

I had years ago those larger ratcheting PVC cutters that would cut 1.5" but it was dangerous to use it on pipe, not knowing if the pipe would explode when cutting it or not. Fresh off a skid on a hot summer day? No problems... but cooler weather brings on a different circumstance.

And when the blade gets even remotely dull, look out!

I like a spinning design that allows a more comfortable cut with some type of warning it is going to explode/ricochet across the room.

If you've ever had that happen before, you become instantly scared where it's going. Injuries can happen, even break a pipe that's relatively new beyond a spot that's detrimental on a repair or already existing project.

If you can slow the speed of that blade closing up, you could turn the pipe, making it work better.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                  Lorena Bobbit PC-40

Interesting!

Would of been a sold item instantly if it turned the pipe.

That can cause a pipe to explode in cold weather, or pipe that's aged and starting to harden.

I use their first non-battery type model. Lots of work to cut the heavier gauge tubular pvc but the 1.25" is easy to cut, given it is thinner.

I had years ago those larger ratcheting PVC cutters that would cut 1.5" but it was dangerous to use it on pipe, not knowing if the pipe would explode when cutting it or not. Fresh off a skid on a hot summer day? No problems... but cooler weather brings on a different circumstance.

And when the blade gets even remotely dull, look out!

I like a spinning design that allows a more comfortable cut with some type of warning it is going to explode/ricochet across the room.

If you've ever had that happen before, you become instantly scared where it's going. Injuries can happen, even break a pipe that's relatively new beyond a spot that's detrimental on a repair or already existing project.

If you can slow the speed of that blade closing up, you could turn the pipe, making it work better.
                  I always turn the pipe or twist the cutters into it after the first bite with the ratchet cutters. Usually works much better than just squeeze, squeeze, squeeze....pop!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    It rolls on the screen 3mm-42mm. I'm not smart enough to do the math conversion.

J.C.
                    should be able to do 1.5'' sch 40 pipe.

the milwaukee seems to deform abs pipe. the only pvc i use is for lawn sprinklers.

and of course i already own the ridgid tail piece cutter. p tec 2550 http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

It looks like the guy in the video is cutting plastic pipe? I wonder if the tool can cut copper and steel.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                        It looks like the guy in the video is cutting plastic pipe? I wonder if the tool can cut copper and steel.
                        Are you serious?

It's for plastic pipe, nothing else.

Comment

pvc, cpvc, pex, hdpe, abs

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Not sure how much that tool costs but I was wondering how useful it would be on a job when you compare to just hand cutters. I can see it being more useful if it could cut copper in a few secs.

Comment

Looks like it could work for cutting deer legs off when they're hanging in the garage. I always hate that part.

Comment

Working...
                              X